Almost killed by Savage!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

I kinda feel like a d*#$. As i have said in a few recent posts, i finished my mid tank & my savage runs like a beast (well, as much as it can with the f4.6) & everyone & their uncle wants to see "how fast does it go?'
i took it out in the parking lot at work during lunch & was warming it up with a few WOT runs & it was coming at the mechanic (who has an rs4) hot & fast. He lifted up 1 leg and then WHAMMO!!!!!. the savage hit his other leg at full tilt & lifted him up off the ground horizontal & then he hit the ground so hard it almost make my gum fall out of my mouth. it took him a minute to get back up off the ground & most of his lunch was all over the ground & a mad swarm of sea-gulls came and devoured most of it.
I know this will sound funny to most who read it & i will probably think so too in a couple of days, but I'm wondering if this ever happened to anyone else. I will check the video camera in a couple days and see if the incident was caught on film. b/t/w, it didn't do any damage to my savy & it didn't even stall :bad driver: :crazy: :incoming:

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds like my lunch time incident today. i went out to a nearby pit, and was running a little too fast for the bumpy terrain. i had the truck cartwheel right at me. luckily it missed. 15lbs of pain coming right for me

i/d/k who comes up with the smilies, but the 'incoming' one is hysterical. i've almost hit myself too squirrel, but i have 2 say you feel kinda like a jerk when you hit someone else. The dude is gonna be hurtin' tomorrow too bcz he hit the ground HARD & he is 54.
Although, knowing that he is not seriously hurt, the rest of the guys (many saw it go down) are L.T.A.O. about the whole thing.

Dude Please don't break that truck B4 next week end. This is all I ask of you... Also try not to lose it in a law suit. That's funny stuff right there!

LOL,It was pretty ugly. the brazillian dude that i was telling you about saw the whole thing go down & LOVED it! For me, it didn't get Really funny until the swarm of seagulls came by and devoured the mound of steak tips & rice that he spilled out of his tupperware bowl. Would have been funnier if they attacked him for the remainder of what was left in the bowl. i did offer to buy him another lunch though....

lol, at least he is ok, I had an incident like this once but it wasnt a person, and it wasnt me driving, I had sat my controller down to retrieve my truck as it ran out of gas, and out of nowhere my brother is doing like 30mph down the straight and nails my controller and breaks all the batterys out, bent the antenna and crashed his truck, it was funny but the new controller wasnt lol.

Been there, done that. But not with a savage instead it was my on-road car. This thread explains it all. Page one has the pics of the damage to the car and the last page has pics of what my toe looked like.

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3819

Yeah xtreme, just checked it out, were you wearing a shoe or that flip-flop when it hit? i'm thinking a shoe or you prob would've ended up in the emergency room.
In that thread a dude named T.T. mentioned a human casualty bcz he was running his truck at work & 'how do i explain it to the boss?'. that is where i am coming from bcz the guy hit the ground so hard all i could think of was him leaving in an ambulance & then being out of work for 6 months.
i was quite relieved when he got up after a few minutes & about 10 guys were laughing at him & calling him the "p" word.

lol, at least he is ok, I had an incident like this once but it wasnt a person, and it wasnt me driving, I had sat my controller down to retrieve my truck as it ran out of gas, and out of nowhere my brother is doing like 30mph down the straight and nails my controller and breaks all the batterys out, bent the antenna and crashed his truck, it was funny but the new controller wasnt lol.

that is a pretty funny story scrog

Update on human casualty

the guy that i smacked in to with my savage saw the bashin' video and pulled a savage xl down off the shelf at the LHS. think the crash gave him savage-fever!

Better luck next time Freddy, I'm sorry for your loss of the lunch! :(
By the way..I don't think T.T. is a dude? ^^

Yep. Shouldve updated this a long time ago......
The dude i hit with the savage ended up with a fractured elbow as a result of landing his full body-weight on it after my savage up-ended him. But, like most of us probably, he did not mis a day's work & he is the mechanic for our entire truck fleet. Would not wanted to have had to explain that one to the boss.
Also, he is now an hpisf member & has dropped about $1,200.00 at Hobby Fever including his savage & hop ups. His hpisf name is Basher-T & Bank, Jud, Geanii & Dogbones1970 have bashed with him.
Glad he didn't get hurt worse than he did, but the good news is we ended up with a new forum bro & bashin' buddy.:jamout:

yea I was taking some good vids of the crew and i jumping ramps next thing i know i was wearing a savage on my elbow oooch there is a vid around here of the incident lol

b/t/w, it didn't do any damage to my savy & it didn't even stall bad driver :Crazy: :incoming:

That sounds like a successful bash session, lol. Glad to hear he didn't break anything, bone or truck. I almost took out my Mom while visiting her on Mother's Day. I'm surprised FuelFather never posted the vid:

Chunk, Munk, haven't seen you around in a bit. i like the name of your vid & you can tell Mom knows how to prepare when you bust out the savage cuz i notice she was holding a 'shield -o- plywood.' I also notice a laugh at the end of the vid.
Good share bro!

Also, he is now an hpisf member & has dropped about $1,200.00 at Hobby Fever including his savage & hop ups. His hpisf name is Basher-T & Bank, Jud, Geanii & Dogbones1970 have bashed with him.

Glad he didn't get hurt worse than he did, but the good news is we ended up with a new forum bro & bashin' buddy.:jamout:
T-Bag is a great guy! Glad to have him on the site...

Better luck next time Freddy, I'm sorry for your loss of the lunch! :(
By the way..I don't think T.T. is a dude? ^^

Yes T.T. is female

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back