Alloy rear hub carriers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex5

Hi guys, I have a couple of questions about alloy rear hub carriers... have gone big bore on the shocks and want to get rid of the rear turnbuckles...

I have seen mixed reviews of the Integy ones, be it the ballrace issue or soft pins, whilst others have had good times with them. Kind of hard to find in the UK so I don't want to get a bad set and have probs returning them (eBay)

I have seen the rear hub carriers from the race suspension conversion set separately, but they're still expensive and don't seem to come with the shortened pins when bought like this, can't seem to find any instructions for the race suspension kit to get their part nos from either. I can only guess they'll be pricey too...

I'm not sure if I saw somewhere somebody using the hellfire rear hub carriers on the savage, they are the same design, don't know however if the dimensions are correct to fit.
If anybody has any info on this conversion I'd be interested to hear! Also GH do a nice titanium-colour set and people only seem to have good things to say regarding GH quality.

Fianl option is to 'fix' the two plastic parts of the knuckle on a stock set together somehow, probably involving a fair bit of two-part adhesive or black RTV.

Any help, thoughts or opinions welcome!

I think that the issues with the integy ones were from an earlier batch. I've had mine for a year now and they work great.

Ok then I think I might give the integy ones a shot and keep my fingers crossed!

Really can't run to the whole race kit :( sunkenmetal... if you still have the instructions for the kit do they list a part no. for the shortened hinge pins please?

Thanks for the replies.

I have the Atomic R/C pieces and love them aside from the fact that they don't come with the needed lower hinge pins. I'll post a picture in a sec.

DSCF3858.jpg

DSCF3791.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm running the Integy ones. I have been bashing them for over a year now and have not had one problem with them. Very good investment in my book.

000_1858.jpg

I to run two sets of the integy rear hub carriers and have had no issues with them and were a breeze to install as well. Very happy with them. I have to say they are one of the best products or upgrades that integy makes besides there Ti-Ni Tools.

I'm running the Integy ones. I have been bashing them for over a year now and have not had one problem with them. Very good investment in my book.

000_1858.jpg

Did you use the last hole one the top mounting location for a reason? i just installed mine yesterday but used the middle position.

I to used the top middle hole. He is using RPM arms which they have 2 different length ones so maybe he is using the shorter ones so the last hole is needed. I'm not sure he will chime in later I'm sure and give us the answer.

Hi guys.

The carriers arrived yesterday and I had a trial fit (the Savage they are for is all pieces still).
Does anybody know ºdegrees camber the 3 mounting holes are supposed to be? As none of them offer 0 degrees (vertically straight). By my measurement, middle hole in gives about -2º, but the first hole gives me positive camber (ie tyres tipping outwards at the top) which is no good. I thought this hole would be for 0º camber.
I have adjustable arms but these are taken using stock arms, and I want to run Flextek Ti arms upper (I have the lowers already) which are non-adjustable, same length as stock arms.
So does everybody with these run a little neg camber in the rear? I bash only so have always thought you don't really want/need any neg camber?

Any response appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you use the last hole one the top mounting location for a reason? i just installed mine yesterday but used the middle position.
I didnt see your question till now. I just thought it looked like a little too much rear camber to me since I was running the RPMs.

Alex - I'm not sure about that one. I would try contacting them and see what they say about it. Maybe when the truck is together and sitting on the ground with tires on it it will be easier for you to find neutral camber.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back