After run oil in savage xl 5.9 ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savagexl59

Hey everyone just trying to get some knowledge on after run oil for my truck never used it before, is there something else I can use ? I have 2 stroke oil on had and car oil, should I just go get after run oil and be done with it ?
Not planing to drive the truck all winter so want to do something for it lol just trying to learn about it as well
Thanks everyone

For me I just use WD40 in my :ercm: when I store em away, I have found afterrun oil congeals into a solid mess inside making a teardown and cleaning necessary.... burn all the fuel out and spray a liberal amount in the carb and turn it over a few times.....

I've never had an issue with my afterrun oil. But to be fair, I only use that over WD-40 because a few years ago I got a bunch free with a modded engine. haha

I use storage spray / fogging oil - aerosol.
That's another idea didn't think of that one how's it work come start up time ??
Thanks for the input everyone

No issues on start up that I can attribute to the spray, but I cannot be sure.
I have used it for years.

The only issue is when the spray hits the piston, and shoots back in your face!! Spray lightly, piston at BDC.

I use Byron fuel if you can . the as crazy as it sounds vegetable oil a eye dropper full and turn by hand

My LHS sells sidewinder (backyard basher) fuel which already has somekind of after run oil in it, but before I started using this fuel all I did was use WD-40 and sprayed into the carb.

Latest posts

Members online

Back