After run oil and cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDA

Hello Everyone,
I ahave some questions about AFTER RUN OIL and ENGINE CLEANING.
First of all, which after run oil are you guys using? it's possible to use other than specific after run oils ?
If yes - which ones? (preferably European marks)

Also what do you guys use to clean your engine? When do you take all apart and clean it?
Thanks alot.

I use straight denatured alcohol in a spray bottle, it cuts the congealed oil and stuff off surfaces, I use a brush (an old toothbrush) to get subborn stuff off then blow it all down with my air compressor and air hose to get it nice and clean... I usually break down my engine after a season of playing with them for inspection and internal cleaning afterwards I reseal them, as for after run I don't use it at all, I use Sidewinder Fuels which contain plenty of oils so I don't need to use any "after run oil" when I put them away for winter I spray the insides liberally with WD40 and put them on the shelf till next season...
I have engines that are 10 years old and they still run like new......

I use straight denatured alcohol in a spray bottle, it cuts the congealed oil and stuff off surfaces, I use a brush (an old toothbrush) to get subborn stuff off then blow it all down with my air compressor and air hose to get it nice and clean... I usually break down my engine after a season of playing with them for inspection and internal cleaning afterwards I reseal them, as for after run I don't use it at all, I use Sidewinder Fuels which contain plenty of oils so I don't need to use any "after run oil" when I put them away for winter I spray the insides liberally with WD40 and put them on the shelf till next season...
I have engines that are 10 years old and they still run like new......
Thanks for the reply!
Will do the same then !
For what concerns Fuel.. since I don't know which fuel are available here in switzerland, what you mean plenty with oil? Which % ?
Since the LRP zr.32 SPEC4 run on 25% nitro, how much oil it should contain? (I found this one in a shop in my city: CRF Power Fuel 25% - any good?)
Also how long you can keep nitro fuel before it's considered "old" or "unusable" ?
Thx

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply!
Will do the same then !
For what concerns Fuel.. since I don't know which fuel are available here in switzerland, what you mean plenty with oil? Which % ?
Since the LRP zr.32 SPEC4 run on 25% nitro, how much oil it should contain?
Also how long you can keep nitro fuel before it's considered "old" or "unusable" ?
Thx

Sidewinder Basher Blend is what I use the oil content is 16% and nitro content is 20%
As for how long you can keep it as long as it is stored in a cool dry place it can be stored for a couple years..... I am down to my last 3 quarts and I bought it 2 years ago, I prefer to buy in quarts, it is easier to store and use.....
you can tell by smell and feel if the alcohol is getting weak and therefore unusable in most cases.... I usually buy fuel every couple of years and have had no trouble with old fuel, as long as you buy quality fuel you should be ok....
I have used most all the available brands and have found Sidewinder to suit my purposes well.....

I use ARO when storing for more than a few weeks. I just use generic hobbico oil. Have had the same bottle for years. As for cleaning, I do similar as to what @Jam Racing 1 does. I apply a coat of ARO to all the parts when I put the engine back together. I don't like using WD40 anymore for engines as it tends to gunk up internal OWB's. Or at least it has for me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back