A MUST for your RSC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a big DUH for me - I am also glad to have read this!

I was not able to get the nut on to clear the XL outer with the tolerances I was comfortable with, so I just inverted the process:

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

Instead of going from the top down, I went from the inside out. All it took was 2 M4x20mm button head screws, 2 washers, and 2 lock nuts - and voila!

Hope this helps :)

Bob

Whoops just thought about it and I guess if they are hex heads a standard allan wrench would do the job, can't tell what they are in the pics LOL!

Yup, they are hex heads, and i used a ball driver yo get them in place. I was able to get them installed in 5 mins per side, once i got done scratching my head like Homer Simpson trying to figure it out :)

Bob

This was a big DUH for me - I am also glad to have read this!

I was not able to get the nut on to clear the XL outer with the tolerances I was comfortable with, so I just inverted the process:

%5BUNSET%5D.jpg

Instead of going from the top down, I went from the inside out. All it took was 2 M4x20mm button head screws, 2 washers, and 2 lock nuts - and voila!

Hope this helps :)

Bob

Looks familiar. That is what I did to mine

Looks familiar. That is what I did to mine

Crap! Wish I had known that, would have saved me 20 mins of tryin to figure out how many washers to stack on the bolt to keep the nut out of the axle LOL.

Hey, no one ever accused me of being the sharpest tack in the box...

Bob

Great write up! I had the same problem and I fixed it the same way. I like the locknut idea too. Stock screws are way too short.

I'm still tripping on the more than one kind of blue thread lock post...........on a side note ive heard that they make a stick version of thread lock thats like a glue stick but I haven't found any yet

Helpful thread guys, reversing the screws is the first thing I thought of after the first few posts. The obvious fix. :stickpoke::peace:

I use the blue loctite 248 in the stick, #37772.

Nice alternative. I have lost the same one twice now. Hpi threadlock first and blue locktite next. I will have to try that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, I have used the stick loctite before on other applications, and have found that the threads will sometimes push out the loctite. Just pay extra attention on that.

Members online

No members online now.
Back