A little help with clutch bell and spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Japatti

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to the world of nitro rc so bear with me. I recently purchased a savage 25 second hand, it's on a pull start but I'm not sure what engine is in it.

I have stripped my spur gear today. I think this has happened because I didn't tighten the engine mounting bolts tight enough when refitting the engine, due to separate pull start issue. When reading online and looking at different spur gears I wasn't sure what mine was running on. So, I have it stripped in front of me now and I have counted 15 teeth on the clutch bell and on the spur gear it says 49 teeth.

I have seen lots of posts regarding clutch bells with 17T and spur gears with 47T. Why are mine different to other people's? Is there any advice on upgrade?

Thanks in advance guys

Welcome to the site japatti!

The savage 25 did come with a 15 tooth clutch bell and a 49 tooth spur, so you are still stock. Several of the newer models came with the 17/47 combo, so that is why you've seen that mentioned.

As far as upgrades, check out Robinson Racing.
http://www.robinsonracing.com

Several people, including myself, like the 16/48 combo from robinson racing. Though you have a lower power engine, so depending on your driving style you will possibly choose something else.

I have the 16 bell and 48 spur on my Savage X I get great wheelies and power to spare running on the rough ground I play on.....

Hi guys and thanks for the replys. So my plan is today to go and get a couple of spur wheels. What I'm wondering is would I be able to get a 47 and run it off a 15t clutch bell? Was thinking of getting a 47 and A 49 and try them both

SavGear.jpg
Here is a chart showing what combinations fit in the stock chassis. It doesn't show everything, but it will give you a good idea. If it shows as not fitting it usually takes modification to either the engine plate or TVP.

I have the 16 bell and 48 spur on my Savage X I get great wheelies and power to spare running on the rough ground I play on.....

Would the stock slipper clutch and clutch bell bearings still work with this RR combo? I have a Savage XL with an LRP. 32

Welcome to the site japatti!

The savage 25 did come with a 15 tooth clutch bell and a 49 tooth spur, so you are still stock. Several of the newer models came with the 17/47 combo, so that is why you've seen that mentioned.

As far as upgrades, check out Robinson Racing.
http://www.robinsonracing.com

Several people, including myself, like the 16/48 combo from robinson racing. Though you have a lower power engine, so depending on your driving style you will possibly choose something else.

Would the stock slipper clutch and clutch bell bearings still work with this RR combo? I have a Savage XL with an LRP. 32

Latest posts

Members online

Back