A few questions about mods.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jelle318

Hello fellow bashers,

Using this link; https://www.hpisavageforum.com/threads/top-10-recommended-Savage-upgrades.1964/ I have found a few mods which I want to do. First off, the fuel filter mod from Dynamite RC. Is this really neccesary? Only 5 bucks but needed? I don't mind getting it. Then the OFNA throttle/brake linkage setup. the thread which goes through everything is very confusing. would someone mind writing up instructions and all the part numbers I need?

And I've heard that installing a fuel filter requires to retune the engine?

Thank you!
Jelle

Last edited:
Cool, but will the Dynamite RC Big Daddy fuel filter do because I need something available in europe.

Lol, no problem. How does yours perform? Any noticeable differences?

I've never run my Savvy without it, so I can't really give you a before and after. But I'd never run my 1:1 without a fuel filter either. Lol

Haha, Thanks man! Another 6 pounds well spent then I think. Now I need someone to chime in on about the OFNA linkages...

The problem with Savages is that they have been around for a while. A lot of upgrades were to fix problems tht HPI took care of in newer releases.
If you have a new X it will work fine the way it came.

I have the XL Savage from 2014 that came with the blue body and 27mhz radio. Have done a shittake lot of upgrades. WIll the one I have work fine?

Fuel filter is inside the tank. If yours is not I would recommend getting the stock tank that does. If you add another one and it has even a tiny leak you will have trouble tuning and keeping it running. I haven't used a second fuel filter in years. With the linkage mod-try to tinker a little bit yourself until you get it just right. You may need to bend and cut things a few times before you get it just right. A little patience will pay off.

Latest posts

Members online

Back