8BL150A esc 4 blinks green led problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orzowei69

Hi all.
I have 2 hobbywing 8BL150A escs with the same problem. Green led blinks four times and it does not perform the initial lip cell count and the motor does not move. Some sort if protecion is active. The programming card is not recognised.
When any of the three motor wires is disconnected, it does the LiPo count and the motor does try to respond to throttle (only with two wires connected). The programming card is recognised and the esc seems to save any new settings. It can also be reset.
When the third motor wire is reconnected, the protection is reactivated and green led blinks 4 times again.
Resetting the esc with the program card does not work.
Disabling the low battery protection does not work.
This is a known issue and there are some solutions on youtube that worked in some cases but non of them worked for me.
I wrote an email to HW QC complaining about this. Still waiting for an answer.
Any of you experienced this with ELH-6S (hpi rebranded 8BL150A)?

might seem like a dumb question but is your throttle trim set to neutral? I've has similar issues with other systems when I moved from another truck and didn't reset it.

might seem like a dumb question but is your throttle trim set to neutral? I've has similar issues with other systems when I moved from another truck and didn't reset it.
Hi. This is a known issue with hobbywing escs. One of the first things that I tried was recalibrating them with theottle set to neutral.. Mine are out of warranty.. Since many similar cases have been reported after driving in cold or wet conditions, I will leave them a couple of weeks exposed to the spanish sunlight. It wont do them more harm.

I currently have the EXACT same issue on my Savage X V2. I was told it's shot, currently thinking of going with castle system...or waiting for max8 g2

I got a flux recently and have this same problem, if the ESC is toast already should I just get a ESC Mamba X or??? What do you recommend that can take the 6s abuse and PNW climate?

Latest posts

Members online

Back