88gtanotchback's 5T Build up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks sweet.

got a pic with the lid off so we can see where all the money is?

nice lawn btw

looks sweet.

got a pic with the lid off so we can see where all the money is?

nice lawn btw

Thanks, the grass in my other hobby. don't look to close tho i left the whipper snipper in the shed last time...lazy.
ill get some naked pictures for ya tomorrow night. movie night with the miss now. :bolt:

My God!!! I would take one of these over a baja any day!!!

I saw my first baja on the weekend, and i am much more impressed by this...

This is crying out for a 12s Brushless conversion with hydraulic brakes all around!!! I really want to do something along the lines of this! But after seeing how much accesories for these cars cost !!!! I NEARLY FAINTED!!!

My God!!! I would take one of these over a baja any day!!!

I saw my first baja on the weekend, and i am much more impressed by this...

This is crying out for a 12s Brushless conversion with hydraulic brakes all around!!! I really want to do something along the lines of this! But after seeing how much accesories for these cars cost !!!! I NEARLY FAINTED!!!

Yeah a brushless would be cool, but i think I'm going to like the gas side of things as well. and they are definitely not cheap, especially the b/l conversions.

oh i know!!! But you should know that buying anything1/5... i was doing some research yesterday working out costs.... Just seems so un realistic! Baja bits are so expensive!!! i think its a little out of my reach for now

Well i got some out door pictures for you guys with the body off. no roll cage on at the time tho.
3347130517_large.jpg

3347130519_large.jpg

I finally took it for its first rip tonight too. this thing is cool! so easy to run, no mess, no fuss. Heres some after run pictures.
3347130534_large.jpg

3347130535_large.jpg

3347130536_large.jpg

Issues i ran into were:
1)the yamadude linkage hit the windows. I just notched it out after the run and its free and clear now.

2)The modified tubes got lost in the mail so i had to make shift something for now. I used fuel tube and it actually worked great! I can pick it up by the roll bar, and it seems sturdy.
3347130533_large.jpg

3)I noobed up the darksoul wheel extenders and didnt read the instructions. I ran the screw with a pile of shims, instead of cutting off the clip area and using the screw that way. my bad.
3347130527_large.jpg

3347130526_large.jpg

I got it all fixed up now so I'm ready for round two!
3347130522_large.jpg

3347130529_large.jpg

4)The bike tube shock boot never held up on one side, but I'm gonna try it again. all the others seemed to work so I'm wondering if this one was just to short?
3347130532_large.jpg

5)The servos seemed to be acting up, and the brakes were very weak, even with the yamadude, so i might mess around with it a bit more, the steering was also a bit weak for my liking, so ill look into that.
All in all this truck is fun as heck!

P.S outerwares rule!
3347130530_large.jpg

3347130531_large.jpg

Hey i was scrolling around on the baja forum and for the hubs instead of the e-clip the guy shaved the nub on the end flush then drilled a hole and tapped it out and used a flat bolt and used it. And it worked like a charm.

ya thats what i did with these. at first i just didnt shave it thats why i had problems. it seems all good now.

no kidding eh? when i installed it i thought i was going over kill, but after seeing how they work i wouldnt run it w/o one. in all honesty tho, i gotta say the savages are way cooler to run. the baja would be cool on a track or something but savages are small enough to have fun with anywhere. infact i got motivated on the flm truck again tonight it should be ready to go after one more night of tinkering.

I want a Baja to run in the dunes, we have lots of beach and dune areas around here. I take the savvy there but it gets sand everywhere because of the oil in the exhaust. Pain to clean.

Well guys i got some video tonight of the baja.
[YOUTUBE]jva7z3ssHPQ[/YOUTUBE]

And some dog nuts.
[YOUTUBE]ZYqtH5JPs1U[/YOUTUBE]

Man that thing rips up some dirt... Awesome vids 88 thanks for sharing!! :rock1:

haha looks like loads of fun!!! i heard my first one 2 weeks ago... Damn it is extremely loud! Gd videos!

whatever stock is travis. 6000 maybe? i never messed with it yet, when i wears out ill upgrade. so far it works great! i ran it again yesterday and had a blast. thing is tough to jump. lol but tough to take some of the abuse it got. only damage (that i know of) is a blown beadlock. time for longer screws i guess.

well i got home from holidays last night late, slept in then when and tinkered on the baja. newest parts added are:
DDM "Black Magic" 6v Ni-MH 5000mAh Hump Pack
Darksoul Enclosed Axle Nuts
Hostile Plastic Spur Gear - 57T (spare not yet installed)
FLM Driveshaft Rebuild Kit (spare not used)
PhatDad Billet Engine Brace Kit GUNMETAL
Silverback Beadlock Rings INNER Gun Metal
Silverback-RC Beadlock Screw Set (40)
HD Silverback Lipped OUTER Bead Lock Rings - Gun Metal
and here it is FINISHED!!!! for now anyways, lol.
3347134018_large.jpg

i plan on hitting the sand tomorrow for some fun!

well i went to the sand today, and the girlfriend took a pile of videos....only problem are they suck! time for a new camera, or user, lol. i uploaded them to youtube, and watched them after wards and its horrible, so sorry guys. It was a blast tho!

Latest posts

Members online

Back