88gtanotchback's 5T Build up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gtanotchback

SAVAHOLIC
Well guys i figured i'd make a new thread for my build up.

Starting off heres a picture of How is came to me new
3347130466_large.jpg

3347130468_large.jpg

I was gonna keep it stock but i guess its not possible for me to do this...:retarded:

I started ordering stuff right away. For modifications its gonna have the following

Baja 5T $950 Shipped

Suspension And Handling
-Fast Eddy Shims $7
-Killer RC "Killer Cables" Suspension Limiting Cables BLACK $30
-Darksoul V2 Axle Extender Set $46.50

Wheels And Tires
-Dark soul Silver Beadlocks $Included with truck$
-Outlaw Wheel Gunmetal 120x60mm/-4mm Offset $22.59
-Outlaw Wheel Gunmetal 120x65mm/-10mm Offset $31.50
-Front Inner Foam $11.29
-FRONT Sand Buster-T Rib Tire $19.99
-REAR Sand Buster-T Rib $19.99
-Front Hostile Crusher $39
-Rear Hostile Crusher $43
-DDM Stainless Steel Beadlock Bolts $6
-Silverback Beadlock Rings INNER Gun Metal $13.00
-HD Silverback Lipped OUTER Bead Lock Rings - Gun Metal $13.00
-(2) Silverback-RC Beadlock Screw Set (40) 11.00

Chassis
-Turtle racing front top plate in GUNMETAL $Included with truck$
-PhatDad Fan Cover Saver GUNMETAL $32
-Turtle Racing Tranny Plate GUNMETAL $40.59
-Turtle Tower/Mount 5T Combo GUNMETAL $32.99
-Turtle Racing One Piece Brake Mount GUNMETAL $35.00
-Turtle HD Shock Mount GUNMETAL V2 $39.00
-PhatDad Billet Engine Brace Kit GUNMETAL $39.00

Electronics And Linkages
-Killer RC v2-S "Killer Bee" Failsafe $64
-LED for Killer Bee Kit $11
-Team Twisted RC (Yamadude) Throttle Linkage Set BLACK $32

Rear End
-Hostile Racing Axle Boots $12
-FLM Hardened Drive / Differential Shaft Kit $45
-FLM Replacement Dogbones $39
-Turtle Racing Quick diff $119.99
-Turtle Racing HD Clutch System w/17T Pinion GunMetal $174.99
-FLM Driveshaft Rebuild Kit $5.00

Intake And Exhaust
-Pull start Outerwares $Included with truck$
-Air filter Outerwares $Included with truck$
-Flywheel Outerwares $26.00
-TGN 'Redneck' Dual Stage Pre-Filter for HPI Baja 5B/5T $10
-Dual Screen "Crap Trap" In-line Fuel Filter $4.50
-TeamPhatDad-RC Inclined ShreadStack (Velocity Stack) $39
-CPI tuned pipe $149

Misc
-DDM gas cap $Included with truck$
-ATX windows front/side $Included with truck$
-Snappy RC Ultimate Fuel Line Kit for HPI Baja 5B/5T $21.50
-Modified RC quick release cage $25
For a running total of $2260.42 (Includes shipping price on the truck But not shipping or duty on the parts)

Heres some pictures of the parts that i have received. The rest are still in transit.

3347130475_large.jpg

3347130471_large.jpg

I started with the Killer Cables to start the installing. dip my feet a bit before I dove in.

3347130472_large.jpg

These just limit the travel of the shocks so that they do not bottom out the piston inside. good preventative maintenance.

Next I installed the snappy RC fuel kit.
3347130476_large.jpg

3347130477_large.jpg

The O ring in crazy tight fit! This part is suppose to seal is all up nice and eliminate leaks.

I got the yamadude linkage going now, as well as the phat dad shredstack, ill update with pictures tomorrow! Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
the 1/5 scale aftermarket parts have the best names: Yamadude, killer bee, phat dad.

Keep the pics coming as you build.

I need to know the costs of all this as you go.

Also, you're replacing so many parts, is it more beneficial to buy a stock & beef it up or just buy all the parts separate and build ground up?

Is there any type of a market for your stocker parts?

sweet build. I'm lovin all the upgrades.

looking good 88. and your right rolling stock sucks
Yup stock just doenst work for me after finding message forums full of helpful people. lol

the 1/5 scale aftermarket parts have the best names: Yamadude, killer bee, phat dad.

Keep the pics coming as you build.

I need to know the costs of all this as you go.

Also, you're replacing so many parts, is it more beneficial to buy a stock & beef it up or just buy all the parts separate and build ground up?

Is there any type of a market for your stocker parts?

sweet build. I'm lovin all the upgrades.

The names are great Fred, Turtle racing as well.

Ill keep the pics coming

Ill update with the costs...its gonna hurt to tally tho :stressed:

Build from ground may have been easier but at the time the plan was to run a stock T. i just couldnt do it tho... :p

Market for stock parts seems about the same as savages. you can sell em but theres no real money to be made.

And thanks, i Hope it all works out!

Today i went out and did a little more on it.

Phatdad Shreadstack Installed. this is a nice piece and it gives a lot better clearance to the air filter.
3347130479_large.jpg

Also threw on the Yamadude Linkage. Nice kit to put on.
3347130478_large.jpg

3347130480_large.jpg

Gonna leave servos stock for now, see how they do.

Went on to the Killer Bee kill switch. I had to pull a bit apart to get to everything. Nice kit and the you tube instructional videos are great!
3347130481_large.jpg

3347130488_large.jpg

mounted the Led for the killer bee in the radio box.

3347130482_large.jpg

all oiled up ready to serve its duty.
3347130484_large.jpg

mounted up with the outerwear.

Next i did the Darksoul Extenders. Again very nice pieces, and will do the job well! Used Fast Eddy shims to get rid of the E clip
3347130483_large.jpg

3347130486_large.jpg

The difference you gain in width
3347130485_large.jpg

All shimmed up ready to go.

3347130489_large.jpg

And how it sits now. I'm kinda on hold until more boxes start rolling in. But so far so good.

Looking good man. I wanna do up mine but I don't have a huge area out here in the sticks to justify it at the moment. With a 5T why did you go with the Killer Led in the radio box? Just wondering mine i put it on the engine shroud.

I was gonna put it in the shroud but i took the easy out. i kinda got it as an add on any way, i think it would be find w/o it.

it about time you post this. i got my baja ss too dude......saving up for items for it also....but yours looks great!

it about time you post this. i got my baja ss too dude......saving up for items for it also....but yours looks great!
Thanks soul i cant wait to see what you do with yours.

What purpose does the led serve?

it hooks up to the killer bee kill switch. when its soild color its ready to start, if its blinking your radios not on, or theres a glitch. So if i switch the power off on my radio, it will kill the engine, and the LED will blink to indicate. It will no longer start until a connection is restores. Kind of just a jazzy thing, since i will be running the body on and wont see it i guess.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0suXFa5Pbm8
heres how it works ( i got the V2S tho, so instead of aux kill i just kill power on Tx)

My Gawd !! Ummm yea all it needs now is a comfee seat to sit on and drive yourself to work....

P.S. don't total it.. We don't need to know! As it sits now you could have bought my banshee. Few more parts and Id toss in a trailer and the toomy T6 pipe set.

My Gawd !! Ummm yea all it needs now is a comfee seat to sit on and drive yourself to work....

P.S. don't total it.. We don't need to know! As it sits now you could have bought my banshee. Few more parts and Id toss in a trailer and the toomy T6 pipe set.

ya I'm still looking for a nice leather plush seat to ride on. shouldn't have totaled it but it wasnt as bad as i thought it might be. ive seen some savage builds blow the price of this out of the water!

ya I'm still looking for a nice leather plush seat to ride on. shouldn't have totaled it but it wasnt as bad as i thought it might be. ive seen some savage builds blow the price of this out of the water!

ummm them there are fighting words. Not my savages ... I'm Mr.Elchepo

ummm them there are fighting words. Not my savages ... I'm Mr.Elchepo

wasn't referring to anyones savage in particular, just a generalization, that rc's can get expensive no matter what we build.

Well I ordered a few more bits for it recently.
FLM Driveshaft Rebuild Kit
PhatDad Billet Engine Brace Kit GUNMETAL
Silverback Beadlock Rings INNER Gun Metal
HD Silverback Lipped OUTER Bead Lock Rings - Gun Metal
Silverback-RC Beadlock Screw Set

Got a little bit more done the last few days. waiting on parts is killing me but oh well i guess part of the game we play.

I opened the diff to find the infamous "dry" diff. there was barely any fluid in there. Topped it up with some 7K fluid.
3347130490_large.jpg

here it is with the FLM cups installed. Great looking pieces, and as always top notch Fast lane Machine Quality.
3347130491_large.jpg

Installed it into the Turtle Quick diff. This Thing is nice and I'm sure will make servicing the diffs a lot easier.
3347130492_large.jpg

Next up, did the Outer FLM cups, and drive shafts, as well as the Hostile boots.
3347130493_large.jpg

A little Comparison of how beefy the FLM shafts are
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1339/4261/3347130494_large.jpg

Got the Turtle Racing Clutch, quick diff, and top plate installed back on to the truck. Nice parts!
3347130495_large.jpg

3347130496_large.jpg

the Phatdad brace
3347130497_large.jpg

After lots of research the shock covers seemed like a must for sand runs, and the bike tubes were the right price. I heard of someone using a film canister to help it along but i didnt have one so i used a pill bottle.
3347130503_large.jpg

Once on i dumped some 1000 wt diff oil in there to help it glide in.
3347130504_large.jpg

once in start pushing and working the rubber up.
3347130505_large.jpg

Once its to here pop off the bottle.
3347130506_large.jpg

then just trim it up.
3347130507_large.jpg

I also cut little bits of foam and jammed them in there. Again a stolen idea but it made sense to me.
3347130501_large.jpg

And then reinstall, and there sealed up!
3347130508_large.jpg

And since we all know stickers make it go faster!
3347130498_large.jpg

So I'm close to the first run finally, just a little buttoning up here and there a few checks, then its go time.

Lookin sweet scotto.. will be watching for the vids..

Looks good 88. Have you seen robs new rear hubs (Hostile)?
Ya i almost pulled the trigger on them the other day they were on sale, but you have to stop somewhere right. If i ever break the rears then ill upgrade.

Lookin sweet scotto.. will be watching for the vids..

I still don't have a good camera to take videos, but wedding seasons coming up so I'm trying to swing a nice new camera from it! lol

really coming along now boi.

the inner tube covers was a great idea!

Ya its nice to see some progress. I'm hoping tonight ill finish it up, and the inner tubes are great! whoever thought it up is a genius. lol

Lookin' sweet man! Can't wait to get one myself. I might start helping a little at my LHS, and get cost plus 10% on everything I buy there. Once I'm back to work I'm goin' for the big purchases while I can still get the deal LOL.

they are actually a sponsor of the forum now Travis, Killer RC! great products.
Just bought a few more things....
Turtle Tower/Mount 5T Combo GUNMETAL
Turtle Racing One Piece Brake Mount - GunMetal
Turtle HD Shock Mount GUNMETAL V2
its a sickness i tells ya

Do you get all those links of cables with the pro kit for killer rc they have? Or just 4. If you look at there page they have a 5t sitting low? What cables are used on that?

EDIT: nevermind i didnt read it all the way on the website

i just used the four. i just wanted the slight reduction in ride height to save the shocks. I look forward to your build thread!

Well i got the tires on, and did a few little things. Basically just waiting on the quick disconnects for the roll cage, and being smart like i am i cut the cage already, so i got to wait till it comes in to run.
Here some basically finished shots of her tho, i really like it!
3347130510_large.jpg

3347130512_large.jpg

3347130515_large.jpg

3347130516_large.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back