7 inch tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X

Conspiracy of One
HPISF Staff
HPISF Supporter
Recently I put on a set of HPI Goliath tires with Blast wheels combination. Before the new wheels I could wheelie like no ones business but now I can't get the front wheels off the ground to save my life. Will it be worth it to step up the gear ratio or are they just to heavy to ever really get it to wheelie?

You would be fine going with a smaller CB or a larger Spur. What are you running right now for gearing and what trans are you running. You lost some of your torque when switching to them huge tires.

I have both a 2 speed and a 3 speed, right now running 16t/48t.

I don't want to lose alot of top end by upping the gear ratio.

I had the same problem i put beadlock rims and fatjoe tires and my truck would not wheelie put stock back on no problem i am going to try gearing but don't think it will help wheelie ,i think u or going to have to pick one wheelie are big tires ,imo i like big tires, full thottle turns.

I would start buy putting in the 3 speed trans then change the gearing if you need to.you will most likely have to still change gearing

Do what Trix said start with the trans. He also mentioned you will more than likely have to change the gearing also. This is true. You should be able to get the truck to wheelie with no problem with the large tires it will just come down to playing with the gearing. You may loose a touch of top speed but should have gained a quite a bit with going to larger tires.

Chris, you mentioned you like full throttle turns with big tires. Large tires will hurt your speed turns as it sits higher off the ground.

Ok sorry i like wide tries the fat joe tirs are the same dia as my stock ones just alot wider

Play with your gearing I was running axial beadlocks with 40 series mashers and 16 49 gearing and would pop wheelies no prob. Taller tires like goliaths, use the 52 spur 16 cb, its the same as the xl tire size etc and gearing.

Latest posts

Members online

Back