5b wheel conversion on xl???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug E Fresh

Hi guys!!..

So I got a sweet deal on a brand new savage xl in the box with the plastic on it for 300$$. First off is that a good deal for 300$$??

I'm undecided on what to do because a fellow member/buddy also has a sweet converted x to xl I'm also thinking about buying from him.

So here's where I'm going with this, if I buy the new one or the one from him I want to put the 5b rims on there with some different tires?? What tire choices do I have and how hard would it be on your drive train?? Are they any bigger than the stock hights wise??

I'm also planning on getting a new body..
This one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004U06AVY/ref=aw_d_iv_toys-and-games?is=l

Any help and info on what I'm wanting to do will be much appreciated :). One last thing will it still POP a wheelie with thoes on there??

Thanks again Doug..

300 is a decent deal for a brand new XL, I personally wouldnt put the 5b tires on. You'll lose some power due to the size and weight. Possibly break your tranny, and I don't think its possible.

Well, I've seen a 5b conversion for the savages. They look to be the same size as the xl rims maby a little bit taller. Also I will be running a picco 28 on it with a mid tank conversion.

I was thinking the 5b rims would look sweet on the xl with that Ford body on there and make it a class of its own type deal. Anyone who has done this or know how, please feel free to post some pics. I would love to see some pics, also a link to where I can find a 5b conversion and rim choices and tires as well......... Thanks Doug..

the 5b wheels are almost double the weight of a savage tire so the short answer is yes they will be harder on your drive train. they should add a big dose of cornering ability to a savage tho as the 5b rear tires have no real sidewall on the back side, and the added weight will hold the tires on the ground

here are a few pics i found of the conversion
SAV_FLUX_XL1.jpg

flux1.jpg

Thank you guys so much for the pics and help. I will say this is one of my favorite fourms. I haven't seen no drama on here yet. So this and my losi fourm are my favorites. So thanks.

Ok so on a lighter note. Let's say I don't go with the 5b conversion due to weight. What rims and tires would you recommend?? I like the rulux rims. I also like the xl rims so I would like to keep them as close to the stock rims width and high. I would like them to have aggressive tread and not be too wide like the xxl big Joe ect.

Thanks to all who help is much appreciated :smiliejam:

5b wheels and tire won't be too much bigger than the savage XL tires. They'll be plenty tough enough but rather expensive.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back