4wd to 2wd help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage_ricky

i was just wounding if i can go from 4 to 2wd just by taking out the front dog bones and front drive bone or will it give me more problems down the line

i was just wounding if i can go from 4 to 2wd just by taking out the front dog bones and front drive bone or will it give me more problems down the line
Ya you can no problem. I've tried it just for fun. You'll find way better performance, traction and steering in 4wd though.

Most of us that have had their savages for a while have done this by accident. Either losing a drive cup grub screw or a dog bone. It gets old quickly. ;)

Honestly, I started with, and only had, 2wd for a long time. The only way I'd buy another 2wd rig is either a Baja 5B or to get into racing.

reply to x

i no i lost a grub screw waiting for the new ones to came getting board that i cant drive my savage just seeing it wont hurt the car like the gears wont get striped or the clutch go on it

Last edited:
going to try it got to try and get a snapped hex key out the front drive cup should i take out the front dog or just take out the grub screw out or all the dogs on front

I would take all 3 front dog bones out, no point in turning them if you don't have power to them

I have an old OFNA Monster Pirate that is currently RWD due to a crash. Pull all the dog bones so there is no wear on the front diff. Can't keep the thing going straight on a polished concrete floor, good amusement value for a short period of time.

got my grub screws today and i got the wrong ones i got the 3x18mm part num #86095 wot sive or part num is it for sav 25 coz don't have manural

thanks found it its the m4x2.5x12mm part num #86094 wrong number at the end of part number i got the #86095 one. save that manual thread so its to hand now thanks have to go print it of so i got a hard copy

Latest posts

Members online

Back