47 tooth spur

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awya14

bought 1 today ..couldnt get the motor over far enough without drillin the mounting plate..then it rubbed the brake!!
I was thinkin about cuttin down a broken mount plate and shiming the motor up..longer bolts , and re-adjust the throttle linkage
What other techniques or problem will I face converting ??
o ya 14 tooth clutch bell

yea u cant run a 14 tooth w/ a 47 tooth... thats kinda a funny combo... use like a 49/17 or something bud

know now ..I guess ..cant cause of the line up factor ..or cant cause its too tall?

its too small bud, 14 tooth clutch bell is made for bottom end power, and that 47 tooth is used for top end power.. so your just cancleing them out when u run that combo

so .17 clutch bell ..47 spur?

well If u want some bottom end power along w/ some speed go w/ 49 17

47 will work but I perfer 49 IMO

ya well I'm on the 14 / 52 right now I think ..and its pretty good on our tight track..It was more for parking lot /ramp sessions and to see how fast I can get it to go

Can anyone tell us the lowest to highest T"s for clutchbells and spurgears? Regarding only Savages of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can run 13 tooth with a 49,52,tooth
14 tooth ....same...
15 tooth with a 47,49,52
16 tooth.... same.....
17 tooth with a 47,49 tooth
18 tooth .....same....
There are higher clutch bells out there I think they go up to 20 tooth
haven't used any that high

There are different size spur gears out there. But most of them are odd size and are a steel spur gear...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone tell us the lowest to highest T"s for clutchbells and spurgears? Regarding only Savages of course.

Integy offers spurs in 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 tooth
Axial offers clutch bells starting at 12 tooth all the way to 22 tooth

I know someone using a 20 tooth cb but modding was necessary for fit.

Here is one gearing chart
SavageGearingChart.gif

i just put it in and gooing to tune it sunday
but with my rb ramair intake and my rd dual exhaust should be good

I can run a gearing like that but, I have an ext. chassis, also had a 3.5 or 4 mil. engine plate out of CF. Think i could get close with the CF plate and stock chassis as it does rase the motor up 1.5 or 2 mills. but i do not use the cf on my rig anymore. it is set up on another rig i just built, that is pretty much stock. don't think i have the spure and cb you where wanting to use or i would check for you.

My friend has run 13/47 using stock Savage parts.

All it did was reach max revs in a very short distance.

I owuldnt bother unless you have a small garden.

Dang..... You figure with a mach 32, a 20T clutch, and a 47T spur, and lets say a 4 MGT rims & tires, THE rollout on this beast is way in the 65 mph zone... OK...Gentalmen,......Start your calculators.....and tell us what the exact rollout is in MPG....3..2..1..Go!

so ya ..tried out the 18/47 tonight ..didnt happen ..waaaay too much .I was outa range before it shifted into 2nd!
so went back to the 14/52 for now and when my "bling racing 3 shoe" comes I'm gonna try 17/50

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back