3 speed high gear problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faisalbasha

Mr Nonsensical
I bought the high speed gear today for my 3 speed and there is a small problem. When I took out the rod with the 2 spurs gear and replaced it with the high speed, that second spur gear that's closer to the outside is jammed with the clutch holder for some reason and it's not spinning freely. I did exactly like the manual says and it's still jammed I have no idea why...

Any suggestions are awesome because I have been trying to solve this issue since the afternoon and it's 220am right now and still no luck.

I'm not sure which gears to adjust becaue I don't know which one is first and which is second gear...:

Is the second shift adjusted from inside or out?

You can only adjust third gear from outside the truck. Second has to be adjusted taking apart the tranny. It always starts in first. One way you could do it is to to tighten third gear all the way down to lock it out. Then drive the truck to see if it's going from first to second properly. If not do your adjustments to second until you get it right. Then loosen third until you get it shifting how you want. Do third last since you can do it without pulling the tranny apart. If you getting the truck to shift twice now you may only need to adjust third.

Latest posts

Members online

Back