3.3 temps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bauerdog

a friend of mine picked up a used traxxas t-Maxx (I believe) with a 3.3. He knows nothing about nitro trucks, and I know nothing about traxxas but I helped him get it up and running. I put in a med-hot plug and some fresh 20% fuel. After a bit got it running and tuned pretty good. Surprisingly ran very well. Was a little concerned with temps of 300 +\- a few degrees. I've heard they run hot, but is that a safe zone for a 3.3? I know there's some folks on here with traxxas knowledge, and advise I can give him will help. He has no manual and is completely computer illiterate. So basically I'm his r/c question guy.

Ya i have heard they do run a bit hot, I would run it richer and keep an eye on it and have fun with it......

Ya i have heard they do run a bit hot, I would run it richer and keep an eye on it and have fun with it......
Ya I set it up a little richer to be on the safe side for him and gave him a spare plug. He's loving it, just wanna get him hooked on the hobby. I don't have many people near me to go bashing with

If 300 is the hottest you get, don't worry. One of my 3.3 engines. .. it's pig rich and still sky high temps. My brothers T-Maxx keeps steady 280-310 my Revo... I've seen 400. :oops:

If 300 is the hottest you get, don't worry. One of m
y 3.3 engines. .. it's pig rich and still sky high temps. My brothers T-Maxx keeps steady 280-310 my Revo... I've seen 400. :oops:

Right on perfect, I just didn't want to be that guy who set up his new toy and have it blow up on him. Do they like a cooler plug? Seemed to start and run great with a med-hot

My 3.3 runs hotter than any other engine I run. With it tuned for "good" performance and decent smoke, it runs around 260-270F. Most of my engines run under 250F all day long. As it was, it didn't give me what I wanted in my revo, so I threw it in a drawer and got an OS21TM. It does a much better job. Not sure it does a $270 better job... But now I run that revo without screaming in my head for it to go faster off the line.

Latest posts

Members online

Back