.25 Bulk to X Bulk parts needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texasavage

Well getting to the .25's diffs is are real pain

Can I just swap out the Bulk or do I need to change alot of other stuff as well?

Which one should I order?
or

you need the bulkhead, the alum slider thing for it, x shocktower, 2 new bumper mounts, and 2 c clips for the bumper mounts

what badd sais is true but you can get away with just the bulks. there is a hole the 25 bumper supports can screw to and the 25 shock tower i just missing a piece of plastic that goes between the upper control arm fork. get the 85235 case and the hex rod that will be needed

The ones I have done I just went on eBay and found bulks w/diffs for around $20-$40 ea depending on what all else came with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replys!
I've been checking ebay and found a few for pretty cheep. They look like just bulks with shock towers though. I'll keep looking. Even if I don't get any I'm not worried, it's just gives me a better chance to clean everything really good :) Most importanly I need to get shims! :duh:

texas are you running xl dogbones? if you are not i would go with a bulkhead from a x rtr or a ss. if you do get the xl set you will need to change the differential outdrives. or better yet pick up a set of xl or flux dogbones and axles. but to actually answer your question no you wont need anything else. bumper supports are the s shaped bars that go between the bumper and the bulkhead

what about the body mounts? the .25 ones must fit...

if i were to change my savage25 bulhead with this one, would i basically have a savage X? as far as easy access diffs?

i belive body post are the same.
you will be one step closer to a x but there are quite a few other differences.
i highly recomend the easy access tranny ccase

i know there are other differences, but i was talking as far as the diff are concerned... thank you.

(on a side note: do you have those links backwards?)

no the links are right.
if you purchase both things in the link you basiclly have a x front/rear end (easy access)
the arms are different but the pre x arms will work with the x diff case and what not.

Cool, thanks for the info fellas.
One of the links has already ended, but I think it was similar to the one i posted. I'm just gonna try and win as much as I can. The rest of the bumpers and stuff are pretty torn up on mine and could use some newer parts.
I don't know how you guys do this ebay stuff, it's pretty stressfull :bad pc:
plus my wife is ready to :stickspank: from me sitting on the computer the majority of the day :)

mickey,
I'm glad you reminded me of that! I totally forgot! But yes I would like to upgrade all of that as well. we'll see how my luck is on these items :)
I wish I would have jumped on soulja's xl roller when it was still up :duh:

Tobias

Thanks for the link Tony, guess they resposted it for some reason. I've been talking to someone about getting a front and back half (complete) just to make things alittle easier for me.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back