24mm hex hubs to fit the new extended V2 axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mvtepixels

Here's the deal, i want to put 24mm hex hubs on my Flux XL, i know there are some options for the old savage axles, but i'm using the newest extended axles that come with the V2 models. Did some research on AliExpress and a few RC shops, but can't find anything... Everything i could find is for 12mm axles and uses bigger pins, but the savage axles are 8mm with 2.5mm pins. Eventually i can buy normal 24 hex hubs, use the 12mm spacers that come with the extended savage hubs to fill the gap, and drill 2.5 mm holes on both spacer and hubs to insert the pins... but something plug and play would be better, any suggestions?

I bought some extended axles off AliExpress for my XL that had 3mm pin holes in them, Don't know about 24mm Hexs that fit but would love to find out as would like to fit a set of Baja rims to one of my Savages.
This is the Web Addy for the extended Savage axles for 3mm pins, the Rofun Rovan Torland Flux uses these as standard. The Rovan Torland Flux is a direct clone of the HPI Savage XL Flux

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400....order_list.order_list_main.69.2c171802vIBscF

Here's the deal, i want to put 24mm hex hubs on my Flux XL, i know there are some options for the old savage axles, but i'm using the newest extended axles that come with the V2 models. Did some research on AliExpress and a few RC shops, but can't find anything... Everything i could find is for 12mm axles and uses bigger pins, but the savage axles are 8mm with 2.5mm pins. Eventually i can buy normal 24 hex hubs, use the 12mm spacers that come with the extended savage hubs to fill the gap, and drill 2.5 mm holes on both spacer and hubs to insert the pins... but something plug and play would be better, any suggestions?
@Mvtepixels, did find these 3D printed 17 to 24mm adaptors, have used the 14 to 17mm ones before and must say they worked well. The material they are made from is very hard wearing and when I wanted to get the 14mm hexs back out to use on another project I had to cut the adapters off as couldn't get them out of the adaptors as a very tight fit.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255125861410

@Mvtepixels, did find these 3D printed 17 to 24mm adaptors, have used the 14 to 17mm ones before and must say they worked well. The material they are made from is very hard wearing and when I wanted to get the 14mm hexs back out to use on another project I had to cut the adapters off as couldn't get them out of the adaptors as a very tight fit.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255125861410
Looks like a good option, i'll order some. Thanks Gazzman (y)

Looks like a good option, i'll order some. Thanks Gazzman (y)
I tried a set of the 14 to 17mm ones like I said, and was doubtful at 1st but they worked well. Couldn't get the original hexs back out of them without cutting them off, they are that tight a fit. Not sure how they would stand up on a flux but worth a try for the cost.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back