2011 savage flux gear questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curious

hello,
I'm new and I'm thinking about getting a savage flux hp!! looks pretty damn ### kool. well so I'm wonder about the gears because iv heard so much of stripping and loosing teeth. so first off does the 2011 flux come with the bulletproof diffs? is there any shimming i may need to do? if so where and how and w/ what? will 2 zippy 4400mah 40c batterys be enough to power it?

hello,
I'm new and I'm thinking about getting a savage flux hp!! looks pretty damn ### kool. well so I'm wonder about the gears because iv heard so much of stripping and loosing teeth.so first off does the 2011 flux come with the bulletproof diffs?

yes.

there any shimming i may need to do? if so where and how and w/ what?

possibly. this is something you would need to check as it pertains to the individual truck or diff. there are threads here that can guide you through it once you get the savage and determine if shimming is needed.

zippy 4400mah 40c batterys be enough to power it?
Theoretically the Amp & discharge rates you listed would be enough. Just in mind that the budget packs are the root cauze for about 90% of brushless system failures. I wouldnt recommend laying out $6 hundo on an rc car and then buying cheap packs. get what you pay for.

just in mind that the budget packs are the root cauze for about 90% of brushless system failures. I wouldnt recommend laying out $6 hundo on an rc car and then buying cheap packs. Get what you pay for.

+100 on this. I haven't had any fires, but I have had cheap packs swell like you would not believe when they definately should not have.

Something to keep in the back of your head - Telemetry is your friend. I have a Spektrum with a telemetry temperature sensor that is meant for nitro engines. I use the sensor wire around my brushless motor, and use it to watch temps, especially since I run a fast combination...

Just a thought :)

As for a Flux, I can't recommend it enough - I LOVE MINE :) Best mod for them is the FLM transmission-forward kit :)

Bob

so what types of batts should i look at
I'm a seventh grader so i get very little money and its gonna take me all year plus christmas to get the flux and some parts so i cant be getting any maxamps plus i heard there a rip. and so i figured i would be able to buy some like 20$ lipos but definetly not 50$ and 100$ that would take awhile!!!

o and r there any mods that i should do or look into nothing too hard as i don't have anything but a dremel
any parts i need to get right away?
any parts that i should get spares?

For quality LiPo packs can't recommend Hyperion enough, great quality and super charge rate!
As for mods, flip your battery boxes around so they open out. This makes it easier to get your packs in and out, take the rubber bits off, Dremel the catches off and use velcro straps (245mm +) to hold the boxes shut.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back