200mph nitro car wicked!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
classic video....all the forums would have HUGE debates as to whether or not it was real....I love the sound as it speeds up....it would have sucked had the person tripped when starting the car, lol....

thats so cool it would hurt if you got in the way of it thow!! lol

nice... wish my savvy went 200 MPH.. JK would be cool though.. tires would blow up though.. or at least i think they would..

it's fake...watch the flag and the butterfly, or whatever it is towards the end as the car speeds up...the fast the car goes, the faster the butterlfly and flag goes...

nice try though...

okay, but watching all the way to the end of the video with the car slowing down, then you'll see that the flag speed doesn't change....still waving kind of rapidly.....

that means nothing though...means they left the video sped up thru the end...both the flag and butterfly speed up simultaneously with the car...the butterfly is gone at the end of the video, but the flag stays sped up...how can you determine what rate the car is slowing? you have nothing to reference it, besides the flag...get it? it means the car is actually slowing down...not the sped up video...

that means nothing though...means they left the video sped up thru the end...both the flag and butterfly speed up simultaneously with the car...the butterfly is gone at the end of the video, but the flag stays sped up...how can you determine what rate the car is slowing? you have nothing to reference it, besides the flag...get it? it means the car is actually slowing down...not the sped up video...

The video is real and these cars hit 200mph theyre called tether cars and don't believe me? I can take a pic in several rc magazines proving you wrong.

easy fellas, lol.....Let's have a debate, one prove the video fake, the other prove it true....Try and find the source!

hmmmm...well, I suppose it's possible, but the vid certainly appears sped up...just looks suspiscious the way everything goes faster at the same time...sure, it could just be a coincidence...

you say the video is real...were you there when the video was made? or are you just vouching for these tether cars in general?

cuz technically, I can find magazines that show bigfoot, the loch ness monster, the easter bunny, santa claus, and the tooth fairy, but that doesn't proove they are real...

i merely stated my opinion...no need to get bent out of shape over it... :D

i can't prove it's fake Chunky...LOL doubt i would bother even if i could...which is why I posted that last, saying it's possible...

the downside is other than going really really fast, it doesn't look very entertaining...gimme jumps and crashes etc...

it's actually not a mystery...long after this thread died (check the date of the post before crash revived it) a website was found that went thru the history of Nitro RC racing, etc...and told of the first ones were tether cars (as the one in the video) and said that they reached somewhere near 100 mph...it went on to say that the fastest speed ever achieved by a nitro RC car is (IIRC) 110 mph at an airstrip, by some big-name in the RC industry...

Hey Komodo, I just said that to keep it going...lol. I actually DO believe that it's not a fafe. Just think about it.... If we can get our trucks to go 50 - 60 mph with all the wieght they carry, It's not the least bit un-reasonable to get a lite-wieght, aero-dynamic, pinner tired, two wheeled, rocket shaped, model car to do 200 mph. Infact, If ya let the thing go in a straight line, It will probably do 300 mph. I've got a Brushless F-27 plane I bought for $250 at hobbytown and it does 100 mph.... AND WHY would anyone go through all the trouble to slip us a fake anyway?.........Huh........ OOOOOOOOOhhhh.... THE FAMOUS 200MPH NITRO CAR CONSPIERACY....LOL...Give me a BREAK......lol... And get this... If it ACTUALLY was fake,...as old as is... THAT would be more amazing than the 200 mph CAR!.....lol There's no question that computers today can "wag the dog" so to speak. This, I do believe. But, in this case, I think not. It's just not worth the time and effort, not to mention, the expense. SO THERE YA HAVE IT....lol

Last edited by a moderator:
so it's age proves it's authenticity?? give me a break...LOL that's like saying that the old footage of bigfoot is authentic, cuz it's pre-computer...it takes no technological strides or huge expense or much effort at all, to speed film up or slow it down...

why would anyone go thru any trouble to fake anything? just because they can usually...

and you really want to try comparing brushless electric plane to a nitro motor'd car? LOL!!

I think you missed my point, bro. My first sentence to you should explain everything but, If you really feel that my observations have no basis in a logical assumption, Then any continued attempt to inlighten those who need to know is vacuously futile........lol I'll tell you what, If I agree that the car was'nt going 200mph, You have to agree that the car was going 199mph.....OK...lol And HEY.... You leave my Bigfoot footage alone, PAL......lol

what did I start here.
my savage will go 3oo plus mph.
on a comercial plane on its way here.

What am i supposed to be watching here, the teather car or the butterfly?

Can't see the point in the car btw, so its fast? So's a bullet out of a gun, whats that prove? Round and round it goes, oh wow, is it even RC?

Ya.... Totally. And now lets fake it up abit....lol. I'm just waiting for Jackie Chan to pop out and say,"Ha HA, I Fool You".....lol

I just have to say HAHAHAHAHAHAHA tears are coming out of my eyes is it some top secret NASA thing. lol. that they have to fake the 200 mph tiny nitro rocket.....lol.

I think the only thing FAKE here is the interrest one could have, watching this little guy go around in a circle, for any length of time...lol.....OOOoooh , HEY,... It just ran out of fuel,... let's fill'er again!...and WATCH...ooOOOOooo...lol. I'd like to use this teather system for break-in procedures...Just hook up your motor, and walk away from it while and do your taxes or something. Now you might have something useful... I wonder if these guys think if they get the thing to go fast enough, it will open up some sort of TIME PORTAL or something......HaHAhahaha

I don't think so, But we sure as he!! concluded it.....In a debate, there has to be at least two points of view present.........Cricket sounds...................................Cricket sounds...............................Cricket sounds.................................................Yep,....Debate Over

what debate? your whole argument was that it was too costly and time consuming for anyone to bother faking this...and the video was too old to have the technology available to pull it off...which is utter rubbish...I remember back in high school the movie projectors could be run at a faster speed and that would have been WAY before this video was made...yeah, sorry...I don't consider that high-tech OR costly...or even that difficult...

and if you're going to get all "educated" and pull the thesaurus out...try to remember how to spell the contraction "I'll" :stickspank:

There's been no argument to begin with. It's more like comedy....lol. I suggest you re-read my lite-hearted point of view, bud. The "debate" refference was in compliance to chunky's request, to which, you have appearently and completely, disregarded. You seem to make all these unfounded claims that bare no tangable proof of any kind. Put up, or shut up. That all anyone here, really believes. My annalogous comparisions were simply based on the reasonable assumptions of one who understands a certain degree of physics, combined with common-sense. I thought we were both having a little fun with these pointless claims but, you apparently have alot more a stake for some reason. Why? .......Who knows....Just GET OVER IT and relax dude. And yet, you want to "bait and switch" this subject over a spelling type O..... Don't you think that's just a little bit on the desperate side of things, Guy? Geeeeeezzzz. When I posted the comment "WELL, IT'S MISTERY", that was in hopes of changing the direction of this thread back to Crash'es original intent. If it suits you, I'll take the "It's fake" side, and you the "It's real" side. This is about how much I really care. Can't you pull out any REAL FACTS to back up your discrediting comments about this documented experiment? Until then, this film stands well on it's own, with way more merit, than your mouth does, by it's self.....And, by the way... You might try capitalizing the first word in you sentences...lol. Especially, the first sentence in a paragraph.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back