09 AWorld Finals Truck Vote

Is this the truck we want to do

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JohnH

OK here is what I was thinking. This is basic and just an over view so let me know what should be added or taken away. This is a truck made to be played with not looked at on the shelf. Performance is the goal. I will do a full build up with pics.

1st YES it will be a Savage xss kit---------------------------$358.00
2nd Platinumrcproducts carbon fiber Extended TVP's ---------$178.44
3rd HPI 87245 suspension conversion------------------------$155.00
4th hpi 77065 high speed 3rd gear---------------------------$9.00
5th hpi 87220 3 speed kit ----------------------------------$50.00
6th HPI TF10 3 channel radio--------------------------------$50.00
7th HPI Hellfire Tank----------------------------------------$13.00
8th HPI 17mm hub conversion-------------------------------$40.00
9th Nova Motor mount--------------------------------------$28.00
10th MPI 5470 led switch and charge jack-------------------$12.00
11th hump pack from CED-----------------------------------$22.00
12th ExtremeRC Mods did the engine mod -------------------$125.00
13th rear wing . Blue Grove---------------------------------$15.00
14th 4x msr 8 shocks w/ upgraded spring kit-----------------$80.00
15th Trinity clutch system----------------------------------$70.00
16th Proline bow tie tires.-----------------------------------$44.00
17th rims Blue Grooves--------------------------------------$30.00
18th Tekno tkr1009 revo wing mount.------------------------$20.00
19th body Blue Groove--------------------------------------$35.00
20th Glow Igniter-------------------------------------------$20.00
21st Fuel---------------------------------------------------$35.00
22nd Wingtote roller bag------------------------------------$130.00
23rd 4 6x10x3mm bearings for steering posts-----------------$4.00
24th FLM45700 motor tray----------------------------------$20.00
25th Header spring tool-------------------------------------$7.99
26th Flex Tek lower arms-----------------------------------$170.00
27th Socket wrench---------------------------------------$24.99
28th GH Racing shock towers-------------------------------$60.00
29th BUKU pipe--------------------------------------------$109.00
30th GH racing steering bellcrank---------------------------$55.00
31st GH Racing 47 tooth 2 piece spur-----------------------$33.00
32nd servos 2x 645 mg------------------------------------$60.00
33rd Racers Edge 17 tooth titanium nitrate clutch bell-------$20.00
34rd Picco .28 (Modding above)----------------------------$190.00
35rd Stainless Steel Screws--------------------------------$25.00
36th 8mm hex wrench-------------------------------------$8.99
37th Dual hex wrench set----------------------------------$69.99
38th Flywheel wrench-------------------------------------$10.00
39th Screw drivers----------------------------------------$5.00
Fuel Bottle------------------------------------------------$11.00

To this point the total is around $2,403.40 not including Johns time and all the shipping involved in this. Let alone all the small miscellaneous parts involved. Someones getting a very nice truck!

Last edited by a moderator:
John, only thing I see missing are servo's and clutch bell. For the engine either the 528 or P3. based on what you have said, the 928 may be too much, but IDK. LMK what you need me to donate like parts, money or moral support

Allan 15th fioroni ,werks ,trinity clutch system

I vote fioroni have it in use and it is a killer system. but there is two.... I vote the slide type not 3 shoe

looks like a plan to me...
How about a cf skid plate too to protect the under side?
flm steering plate/ackerman?

Isn't the HS7965MG rated at 139oz at 6v?

from hitech...

Motor Type: Coreless
Bearing Type: Dual Ball Bearing
Speed: 0.13 / 0.10 sec @ 60 deg.
English Metric
Torque: 111 / 139 oz.in (4.8v/6v) 8.6 / 10.4 kg.cm
Size: 1.57" x 0.78" x 1.45" 40.00 x 20.00 x 37.00mm
Weight: 2.18oz 62.00g

Axe the RPM dirty danglers. As far as servo- I have some GREAT servos laying around that we could drop in. JR 9000 T work?

Flextek arms take the slop out of the suspension that you get with stock or rpm arms.

Flex tek arms are $$$$ aren't they? Let's see where we are with everything else. Need more votes.......................

I willl be throwing in a our PlatinumRCProducts PRC107 and PRC117 which is the Extended LCG Chassis w/extended dog and the Extended Skid plate.

Edit: I will also be throwing in the PRC112 Hellfire Mid-Tank kit.

You can count me in for the engine mod, it would be my pleasure to contribute to the truck. I will definatley built a "special edition" engine for this bad boy, regardless of what it ends up being.

Running the werks clutch system on Brian's race savage. rulon wears quick the carbon shoes work great. radio is still up in the air. one of the last things. but definitely needs to be 2.4ghz. so airtronics futaba or jr doesn't matter. just best cost

Whatever gets chosen, I just hope it gets used by whoever wins is. Went to the HPI Challenge on Sunday and two of the trucks won @ the WF were there. Neither one of them have been touched yet! I guess that's better than selling it on eBay.

dsc04376ka1.jpg

:slapped:Weak!

two of the trucks won @ the WF were there. Neither one of them have been touched yet!

OK here is what I was thinking. This is basic and just an over view so let me know what should be added or taken away. This is a truck made to be played with not looked at on the shelf. Performance is the goal. I will do a full build up with pics.

11th hump pack from Chris if he wants in

Absolutely...I'll donate if I can or am allowed! :jamout:

OK let's get this rolling. Don't worry about the HPI stuff Me and Hop will handle that. Not going to tell you to donate money or parts your choice. What I will do is if someone wants to buy a part I will mark it on the list as (working) when the part arrives I will put (Done) by it. That way everyone knows what's left. I will not use the names of people on that sheet. What I will do is the people that donate funds or parts I will put there screen names on the truck body. If they are a vender than there company sticker goes on. This way everyone get's equal credit for there help on this. I will need all the PM's on donations or parts go to Savage What? pm box. That is me. I made a seperate account to keep everything seperate. Like I said all stock parts that are not on the truck will go in the forum stash. If someone needs a part do to lack of money or area or just an odd ball part that is what it will be used for. Not resold for a profit or anything.

Flex tek arms are $$$$ aren't they? Let's see where we are with everything else. Need more votes.......................
This is the only alloy A arm that I say is worth a penny. But even said top coin part indeed. Would be trick! Lets feel the budget John. Id like to see them if possible..

This is the only alloy A arm that I say is worth a penny. But even said top coin part indeed. Would be trick! Lets feel the budget John. Id like to see them if possible..

Can someone divulge what the budget is and where the money comes from (aside from donated parts and donated money)?

I believe sponsors, and then John and Brian....they take a big hit for this stuff, props to them for it to!

The budget is what we can do. No limit and not set. It is what we can do at the time. The money comes from Brian, me and all the members that want to do it. We do not obligate members or staff to donate on this forum so there is no incoming revenue for the site except when someone donates. Other than that it is all out of pocket.

The budget is what we can do. No limit and not set. It is what we can do at the time. The money comes from Brian, me and all the members that want to do it. We do not obligate members or staff to donate on this forum so there is no incoming revenue for the site except when someone donates. Other than that it is all out of pocket.

That's what I was thinking...thanks.

You can count me in for the engine mod, it would be my pleasure to contribute to the truck. I will definatley built a "special edition" engine for this bad boy, regardless of what it ends up being.

awesome Robin

THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back