TheFixxer's "The Assassin"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya it is best not to exceed 1 amp when charging the 5 cell hump packs, otherwise they can overload and either false peak or sometimes they just start oozing chemicals out from inside and when that happens all ya see is flying $$$$$ :)

Weird. Usually I charge anything else at the required amperage for the mAH..ie 1800 @1.8, 3000 @ 3, 5200 @5.2..etc. I even charge my revo's 1200mAH 5 cell flat pack at 1.2. This little guy just didn't want to play at 1.9. Oh well...1 it is. I will have to create a custom load program in my charger or I will forget for sure.

Revo tank will be here today. Gonna try and squeeze out of work early and get that part of the project started along with the new shocks, Losi carb, and probably change the brake if I can find what I did with the new one. The roll bar is 2 days out yet.

@Jam Racing 1 you mentioned in the shout box last night I had the older steering set up. Converting it to the newer style just a matter of changing the bell cranks?

Question for ya Fixxer. Why do you have a servo saver on the throttle/ brake servo? Furthermore, why do you have a servo saver on your steering servo when you have a stock servo saver on the savage? These really are unnecessary and may hinder performance.

Jam said I have the older steering and there is no saver in the bell cranks..hence the saver on the servo itself. I'd like to know if I can upgrade that to the newer bell cranks w/o a ton of modding.

As far as the throttle linkage that is the way I bought it used so I left it.

To be honest, I crank down completely my stock steering servo saver. So in essence I don't use it. You definitely loose performance if you don't when there is friction on the front tires.

Well I got the Hitec servo installed now..maybe just switching to an alloy horn (which Jam also suggested) would be a good idea?

I would, been running it that way for years with no issues.

I believe you can simply swap out the old bell crank for the new servo saver bell crank. Link below to the kit you need:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJSS6

I believe I have that parts tree on hand. Got it awhile back when I busted the throttle horn and that was the only piece off it I used. Except the purple part I don't remember that being with it.

Not getting far tonight. New shocks is all so far. Really having a brain fart on figuring out a way yo mount revo tank.

How about the steering setup, did that at least go well? maybe post a pic or 2 of that revo tank ya wanna use and maybe someone will have an idea for ya......

not sure on their terminology , "traxxas bead style" are those the ones that mount similar to a 1/8 buggy or do they have flats for the bead and wheel to mate up ala the way most other wheels for monster trucks mount.... a pic of the bead area would help with this. what wheels have you decided yet on those. and yes that 17mm hex setup is a nice one to have, just remember to locktite those nuts on else you will need spares :)

Also how does that revo tank mount, thru the bottom or on posts of some kind ?

Last edited:
They are already premounted on PL F-11 rims as pictured in the link. All the trenchers I have on my TRX mt rigs and a set for my slash have a bead that sits inside a channel on the rim. They are not beadlock style.

Yes..revo tank mounts same as a savy does on posts.

OIC well thats a great score for 60 bux on the wheels and tires, now for that tank mounting and maybe soon you will be breathing some nitro fumes again......

OIC well thats a great score for 60 bux on the wheels and tires, now for that tank mounting and maybe soon you will be breathing some nitro fumes again......
Hope so cuz the revo is down for the count with various issues and the duratrax is not really much fun

Stopping by the LHS after work today to pick up the Trenchers and hub conversion. That is going to look bad ass under the hearse body. Can't wait.

Best just to start hacking much more fun :D

Liking the build do the trenchers have a normal bead? I am looking into some maxximizer beadlocks for my XL and I like the trenchers.just want to see if they will work with the beadlocks.

Best just to start hacking much more fun :D

Liking the build do the trenchers have a normal bead? I am looking into some maxximizer beadlocks for my XL and I like the trenchers.just want to see if they will work with the beadlocks.

Good question...I'm not sure if any of the trencher series will fit on a beadlock rim...they are all traxxas style beads. Now i do know of a mod where you stretch the tire onto the next size rim...ie. 2.8 tire onto a 3.8 rim. That mod requires you to modify the bead. Maybe that could be something to take a look at.

Cool thanks I found some on fleabay glued to the rims already pretty much the same set you got so I will work with them for a bit they are the 3.8 trenchers on desperado rims.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back