Zombies???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O.K. Here's my other problem with the Losi-Zombie's. Besides the fact that they balloon into a point and shake like $#^%$#^, they move around all over the wheel. After posting about the ballooning problem, I was into the "Tape" fix and Judge told us he had the same ballooning problem and said the Losi Foams moved all over the place, and was thinking about using Ofna molded foams as a fix. If you look at pic. #1 you can see that the tire has moved on the wheel, pic #2 is where I've put it straight. IMO the problem is a weak sidewall, and I'm wondering if a firmer molded foam would fix this.

Opinions???

tires

i had the same problem i used the tape and tried bigger foam it just ate up the foam so i sold them. must be the soft rubber cornfused

Nooooo, don't tell me that. They are really "Sticky" as compaired to the stock Savage RTR tires. Changed the steering servo to a JR DS8711 with 403 oz/in of torque along with a GH aluminum steering servo saver with bearings, and WOW, turn the wheel at speed, and WHOOPS, upside down! Figured the extra inch from the MAX, bead loc wheels might help along with some sticky tires. But I'm afraid there's just not enough sidewall in these tires. The first pic. is the way one side was after a good run. Damn.

My stock Savage tires did that when they were new (slid off to one side) but after a few tanks they didnt do it anymore. I hope that will be the case for you too.

I have the same problem with my Zombies...it seems like the Losi foams fit really poorly and move from side to side, just like yours do Eddie.

I just got some Pro-Line molded foams today (http://prolineracing.com/p-436-standard-size-mt-molded.aspx) and I'm going to mount them tomorrow as soon as I get some Gorilla tape for the inside of the tires...we'll see how much things improve after that.

judge, how did you ever make out with this? i just p/u some zombies today & have yet to mount them up.

I got a set of these tires on some Maximizer 1/2" offsets and love them. The tires are superb and grip on everything. However yes your correct they do balloon on the stock foams and no tape, a roll or 2 around with duct tape. They are also much better when used with the molded foams from proline or whoever.

IMO it must be that your trucks are too heavy. I have Zombies on my 10lb Maxx and they are taped and I used the foams that came with them, although I wish they had the Pro-line foams when I mounted them over 2 yrs ago. They still have tons of tread and are still pretty stiff with the Gorilla Duct Tape that I lined them with. I mounted them on RPM Claws (which have a offset) and I am nothing but happy with how long these tires have held up and how much tread is still left.

Thanks for the info guys :resp: I've just been searching through all the threads, and found all the answers I wanted. I have everything I need apart from the tape, but that's easily fixed ! :jamout:

I was also reading about venting the tyres. I've decided that's the way I'm gona do it, but I just wanted to work out which is the best method/location/number of holes to use. ???

Yeah, Misbehavin has a wealth of info on there. I send people links to there all the time instead of typing the whole thing over and over again.

Latest posts

Members online

Back