zip ties on cooling heads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny

ive seen zip ties on alot of peoples cooling head and was wondering whats the purpose of it was

PROTECTION FROM BACK FLIPS.

Cooling heads have to take alot of abuse if the truck flips for any reason.

The zip ties work prettty well for what they do.

They'll keep your heatsink scratch-free and provide a little some cushion for a hard landing.

ha ha....Myself, also.
The trick is, Not to fool yourself in to thinking that you'll get arould to putting on the zips durring break-in.
Do it before break-in. Just my two cents.

to late for me also. lol scratches are tattoos for the bashers

Yea ... I can live with the scratches also, but the ties also help against cracking the crankcase on a big*** back flip.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i go by a few motto's but i have to say my favorite is chicks dig body damage and my truck is a chick magnet lol

i like the bus samisavage

THANKS X25 I like doing bodies everyone else is not. Actually it's one of the bodies I bought from xtremesavage a few weeks back. I think it turned out pretty cool.myself. If nothing else it's different.

They only provide so much protection though. I gave up on them after my first run with them on the head. My first flip ended on tar and it took the zip ties off and still scratched the head, not that I really cared though once again it was already too late like everyone else.

They only provide so much protection though. I gave up on them after my first run with them on the head. My first flip ended on tar and it took the zip ties off and still scratched the head, not that I really cared though once again it was already too late like everyone else.

I agree. I've tried this with the same results it may work somewhat but imo is a feeble attempt at delaying the inevitable.

I would say to use a use a bigger zip tie.

But if it really doesn't matter to you then there's no sense in giving it another thought.

Anyhow, Benny... Thats why you see zip ties on a heat sink.

yea i haven't started breakin yet and i put some zipties on and at the look of it i don't think it will do much but I'm also thinking about getting a roll cage to protect it

Yea... There basically a first line of defense against what was stated above.

Every time you break a zip tie, It's best to replace it.

Ther like matches.. They only work once.

Not that I have used one but I think the sav x rollcage would provide a lot better protection for the head then the cable ties. Still not perfect but better.

the x roll cage is the ****,i did a back flip and it landed on the engine and broke the engine mount,bent my brake rotors and bent some teeth on the clutch bell,i put the x roll cage on and haven't broke anthine yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya I,ve Got The Roll Cage On MY SAV X!! Some People Like To Run Without It But It's Already Saved My Engine Once!! I Was Showing Off And Blasted It Off The Line And It Flipped Over And Chewed Up The Roll Bar A Bit But That Would Have Been My Engine!

Latest posts

Members online

Back