Zane's Mid tank build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zane

one and only...
Okay, I was planning on doing an OFNA 250cc mid tank, but then I found out that it doesn't fit the FLM mount that I bought. So... Plan #2!

I was pushed into making a thread for this, so I will attempt to do something different once I have all the parts in front of me :thinking:

My plands as of now are:

FLM mount
D8 fuel tank
And something unique... (and ideas?)

I have plenty of time on my hands, so feel free to rattle off any serious, or not so serious ideas you may have for something to make this different!

I will start posting pictures as soon as my chassis arrives... Back order sucks! :werd:

what something are you looking for ? If I give you ideas it will look like my builds so IDK if I can do your "unique" ... What do you need to get this mid tank done?

what something are you looking for ? If I give you ideas it will look like my builds so IDK if I can do your "unique" ... What do you need to get this mid tank done?

I just need the tank, a battery box, and a servo extension (will any extender work for any servo?)

Got some pictures today.. no real progress, just showing you guys what I have as of now.

IMG_4109.jpg

I will probably have the tank and stuff within two weeks :crying:

Alright.. Got motivated to work on this, this weekend.

I spent all weekend getting the ******** steering linkage working :stickpoke: ... But I think I got it almost right. I wish I had a LHS that was reasonable to drive to, but the closest is 40 minutes away and doesn't stock /poop .

Ill post pics soon :)

Hitec 645 is great for the $$

Alright... got some update pics...

still need:

Body (proline 2007 Silverado)
Pipe (Dynamite 086)
Battery box (Jato)
Wing mount (gonna make one this weekend probably)

I also need to hook up the throttle linkage

IMG_4411.jpg

IMG_4410.jpg

IMG_4415.jpg

:DJjam:

Sorry.. cant figure out how to edit my posts or I would have posted this above...

Does anybody know if a Jato batter box would work instead of the Rush one? I cant seem to find the Rush box on the sights I want to order from (amain or stormer)

I placed my order saturday :DJjam:

Silverado 2007 body
Dynamite 086 hard anodized

:cheers:

I forgot to get a battery box, tank mount, and servo extension though... :istupid:

Got my body and pipe... I'm thinking about sending it off to a place to get it painted...

I'm gonna be ordering the Firestorm box, tank mounts, RPM arms, another OFNA linkage set (messes up while bending the stock link... Thing is really hard to bend with pliers...), diff oil, and shock oil from myatomic pretty soon.

Forgot to say that I am going to take my OFNA .28 out of my LSP, and use it in my Savage... :FarleyParty:

Got some "new" tires put on... Also hooked up my throttle linkage (bank's newest) and it works pretty well.. Need a stronger servo though! For some reason the OFNA horn isn't fitting on the Z590 that came with my Spekky...?

IMG_4566.jpg

IMG_4565.jpg

I tried to upload pics of the throttle linkage, but it didnt work... :40:

I'm hoping to finish this up soon, but I just got a Slash 4x4 Platinum....

IMG_4576.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

:getdown:

She's finished!!!

For now...

IMG_5090.jpg

IMG_5092.jpg

IMG_4569.jpg

IMG_5094.jpg

IMG_5083.jpg

I'm actually gonna take out the HPI .28 and put in a OFNA .28 from my truggy... Which is gonna be sold as a roller.

truck is looking good now beat her up lol

Hopefully I will be able to run her for the first time tomorrow!

This beast got a new heart, and shoes! Also made a smaller battery mount.

IMG_5232.jpg

IMG_5226.jpg

IMG_5219.jpg

Very nice build man. Keep it up. I like the paint on that lid. In the middle of painting a new one for mine, so getting a new appreciation for what it takes just to prep and mask. LOL!

Very nice build man. Keep it up. I like the paint on that lid. In the middle of painting a new one for mine, so getting a new appreciation for what it takes just to prep and mask. LOL!

It's worth it in the end.. This one came out just how I wanted it.. Next time I am going to try something more complicated though.

Ran it for a little bit today.. Going to order a larger clutch bell, 13t is wayyy too small. What size should I get? 17t?

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5244.jpg

IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5238.jpg

Looking good man!! I'm digging the paint as well!

Not sure if it's the angle of the pic, but you might want to turn up on the handle of the carb that your linkage hooks up to. But like I said might be the angle of the pic.

Good looking Savage!
rctruck

Latest posts

Members online

Back