z-Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro Newf

Manufacturer
Just want to check and see if there are any other Z-Car owners out there. The Z-Car (Manufactured by SH Engines) is becoming very popular with a great reputation for Handling and Durability.
I have a Z-Car ZMXT-8 PRO Truggy and I love it. It has the SH .28 8-Port Engine. I have only run it for about 3 hours so far, but is has been ran very hard.(The Engine was Broken in with another Truggy)
Go Ahead, try to find somebody who has a bad comment about the Z, I have been trying for a month.

I see it is a Global Hobby exclusive. That makes parts hard to get here.. Most of the LHS's have dropped airtroinic's out here just so they don't have to deal with Global...

cool ! SH can be had from many distributors (dime a doz). I was just talking about the Z car. looks like a good layout. Do you know how long the rear shocks are and what bore ?

The reason I mentioned SH is they are manufactured by the same company.SH Engines was a Global/Hobby People exclusive until recently.
The rear shocks on my ZMXT-8 PRO are 126mm long and about a 16mm bore.

The reason I mentioned SH is they are manufactured by the same company.SH Engines was a Global/Hobby People exclusive until recently.
The rear shocks on my ZMXT-8 PRO are 126mm long and about a 16mm bore.

Cool now to find the shocks on the net.. Thanks for the info.

I didnt know SH was locked down by any distributor. I never had issues getting LRP/losi motor parts at the LHS.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are in the US, you can get the shocks at http://atozrc.net
Although LRP/Losi engines are made by SH, they are not distributed by SH. Losi is distributed by Horizon Hobby and almost every shop deals with HH. I run the engines which come directly from SH and I distribute them in Canada.

Z-car zmxt-8 & cen matrix c-1 video

At TERRA NOVA HOBBY we have a different approach to R/C. We sell products that we use ourselves. These products are tested and approved by us. We are R/C fans just like our customers and we are just as much involved in the hobby. We liked the durability of the SH Engines, so we decided to try their Z-CAR.
Z-CAR is not new, but the hobby retailers have not sold them because they are not as popular as the other big names. At TERRA NOVA HOBBY, we like the Z-CAR and we are selling them even if the other retailers won't.
The Z-CAR did suffer some damage as a result of this video. Please keep in mind this video is only the highlights and the actual test was about 3 hours of extreme BASHING. The ZXMT-8 landed, struck a steel post, and about 5 min. later struck the steel culvert at full speed. NO other truggy that we have ran could take this kind of abuse and keep moving.
For all of the HPI Fans, the HellFire was also there and did very well with almost the same Bashing.
Check out the Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO1UM_D5a-8

hobby people sells sh parts for the buggies and such and engines for years btw guys

At TERRA NOVA HOBBY we have a different approach to R/C. We sell products that we use ourselves. These products are tested and approved by us. We are R/C fans just like our customers and we are just as much involved in the hobby. We liked the durability of the SH Engines, so we decided to try their Z-CAR.
Z-CAR is not new, but the hobby retailers have not sold them because they are not as popular as the other big names. At TERRA NOVA HOBBY, we like the Z-CAR and we are selling them even if the other retailers won't.
The Z-CAR did suffer some damage as a result of this video. Please keep in mind this video is only the highlights and the actual test was about 3 hours of extreme BASHING. The ZXMT-8 landed, struck a steel post, and about 5 min. later struck the steel culvert at full speed. NO other truggy that we have ran could take this kind of abuse and keep moving.
For all of the HPI Fans, the HellFire was also there and did very well with almost the same Bashing.
Check out the Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO1UM_D5a-8
Good stuff... I had never seen one before you brought it to us. It sure looked fine out there to me. Keep on your mission!

hobby people sells sh parts for the buggies and such and engines for years btw guys

Hobby People still has some of the SH stuff, but they are no longer the Exclusive Dist. We had many people contact us because HP took their money and then said they would have to wait until they got the Items in stock.

Latest posts

Members online

Back