your web browser for your mac..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hockeyizlife94

what do you guys like best for your mac? safari or firefox? i still like safari over firefox 3.0....

LOL I'm using safari on windows xp right now... it works pretty good, I'm not a fan of firefox but its probably my winders that doesn't get along with it so i don't know...how do you like your mac,I'm thinking about switching over now that i can use my software on a mac...

I like them both equally. There is some things I dislike about both, but there is also many things that I enjoy.

I like them both equally. There is some things I dislike about both, but there is also many things that I enjoy.

i agree, it really ****es me off that safari doesnt have a tabs button...but i still use it as my main browser...

andd to sunken on owning a mac....i would honestly never own a windows again. its like paying full price for something thats already broke, because you know your windows will slow down within the first 6 months, my mac hasn't slowed down a second in over a year. leopard is a better OS, it runs smoother, and has better options. the only downfall to mac is 3rd party software, which should be turning around...

Safari does have tabs, there are setting to do it. I usually have many tabs open at the same time. The only thing I have yet to figure out is when I click a link to another website, I cannot get it to do it in a new tab, another Safari window will just open up. It does get confusing sometimes and I end up have multiple safari windows open and not realize it.

i agree, it really ****es me off that safari doesnt have a tabs button...but i still use it as my main browser...

andd to sunken on owning a mac....i would honestly never own a windows again. its like paying full price for something thats already broke, because you know your windows will slow down within the first 6 months, my mac hasn't slowed down a second in over a year. leopard is a better OS, it runs smoother, and has better options. the only downfall to mac is 3rd party software, which should be turning around...

NO NO NO.... I love mac users... I love the realistic view points to all the angles the mac users come up with. Let me just say this, if it was not for the ipod. Apple would be nothing right now, if not closing the doors. The only thing Apple has done very well with, is to start using intel processors so the market can use Windows OS on mac hardware. LOL!!!

But I speak truth. I have been in IT my whole life both Windows, Linux and Mac. If you are answering threads and finding parts for your savage on the internet, using a mac is great. But using it for anything above that, its WAY more expensive to run Mac. Let alone not having some software ability, do to 3rd party software, like my man said above (Games). Which is NOT turning around. I would like to know why you feel that way? In fact, most (the last time I heard it was 91%) software development engineers coming out of school are writing software for Windows and linux (mostly microsoft). About the same + numbers for product development companies, write applications for windows platforms then they do Mac.

But they do make some good commercials. :)

I have been running Vista on my desktop at work for over a year now. I have had almost zero issues come up, again network guy here. I install LOTs of software every month. So from time to time I can screw something up. Not talking about just with computers, pretty much everything! LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me just say this, if it was not for the ipod. Apple would be nothing right now, if not closing the doors. The only thing Apple has done very well with, is to start using intel processors so the market can use Windows OS on mac hardware. LOL!!!

this really has nothing to do with the argument, and i still stand by what i said. they simply run better...i ran windows my whole life, i have 2 computers running vista, 2 running xp, and now i just picked up my second mac. i will never own a windows again, ever. i would rather burn my money for warmth on a hot day...

istevevsbillg.jpg

my dad runs a business out of the home, and i have my macbook and just picked up a imac for when i go back to school..

Latest posts

Members online

Back