Your Opinions on Aluminum Steering Bellcranks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajdragon

Hi

I was wanting to get some Opinions on the aluminum steering bellcranks that are available. There are currently five brands that I have come across, the first is Hot Racing, the second is Golden Horizon "no longer available", third is GPM, fourth is Integy, and the last is a Chinese no name that is sold on eBay. The H.R. looks to be a direct replacement for the original and the others seem to look alot alike. If there are any other companies making them please let me know.

Hi

I'm building a Savage from scratch, and I want to replace certain parts with there aluminum counterpart.

I got a belkcrank made by X-spede. It looks good and seems sturdy. It has met no action yet as I am building a savage from scratch, just like you. I made a post about it. Check it out.

I have not had problems with the stock either and so putting on a heavier part would be a liability for me. A lot of new vehicles are using graphite for their plates/bell cranks and it's been very successful. Incredibly light and durable is the ultimate goal here IMO.

In general suggest you Just build it with the parts you have and run it. Run it hard. Run it often. As things break/wear you can elect how to proceed with various option parts/design changes.

Finally, be careful with atermarket parts. Some might not fit well and bind things. Those that do fit the truck can still be problematic a once you mix and match too much you can have problems.

I’ll post something later in these combinations I have found that don't work, but an example the following combination will not work:
1. M2C 34 universal weight flywheel
2. IRC LCG TVP
3. Robinson next gen steel spur.
4. Stock HPI bell for Savage X 4.6 RTR

While those components work individually in the Savage, all three together Is 100% going to cause and issue. . I hope that makes sense. Good luck.

Last edited:
i would say just upgrade your stock steering crank with some steering bearings and call it a day

I have integy one I upgraded to it for strength as well as to get ball bearings instead of plastic bushings I had a lot of slop in my steering from the plastic pieces . I let my 7 year old drive it so whenever he wrecks/breaks parts I just upgrade to stronger if I can .

Latest posts

Members online

Back