Your Best And Worst

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XxxNate's SavagexxX

I got banned, that's why my name is yeller - IGNOR
Its simple! show or tell us the best moment and worst moment (so far) of owning a savage!

Mine?

Best: opening the box to a shiny new savage

Worst: when i blew my first engine :(:duh:

my best time would be i guess when i first got my truck and all the hop ups and got them put on and saw how my truck was coming along!!

worst time would be what i was describing in another thread when i managed to wedge my truck under a car and had a heck of a time getting it out, i thought it was toast but no damage other then scrapes and stuff

ya I'm thinking i was pretty lucky, mind you i wasnt flying really fast as it was getting dark but still when you here "bang, scrape" its a awful feeling!! lol

Nice post Jester!

My best feeling with a savage is after I finished building my silver and blue 25 series savage (the one in the sig), I then pop on the Charger led. Went to the Chargers game (playing the raiders!) and during the tailgate party ran it a few times, but mostly just display it on top of my truck. So everyone could see. I got mad respect from everyone, from little kids, to adults a like. Even a raider fan gave me some props for it. It got to the point were I was answering questions about it, like I had a real Moster Truck or a chopper. It felt good... A job well done. Plus the Chargers beat the raiders, and that always makes the day, a good day. :)

But the good, is only good! But the Bad, can be BAD!!! This is true story. I had my savage 21, (you remember the one with the ugly Purple body, and red shock springs) for about 6 months, it could have been more (i'm always in and out of this hobby). It was my first real RC, but mostly my first nitro model I owned. And I had my bads with it, but nothing to serious. Then one day i was out in front of my house with my, then 4 or 5yo girl. Bashing the truck around. I live on a street that curves off the main road, and west of the main road is a school. So I live close to a T, with two blind spots with cars that come fast even though it is a 25 mile speed zone due to the school. I may live less then 100 to 120 yards away from this T intersection. But mostly I can hear cars coming close to that T intersec. But not on this day. (Or maybe something else) As this story be comes one for the books. When I'm bashin around, a lot of the time, I'm running into T intersec not for long but to make turns or what ever. Well, I run the savy into the T makin a sharp u turn. Getting maybe 5 to 6 feet from the left side turn curb. Then from no where this @#$ car runs right over the back half of the savage. The only thing good left on it was the radio box and servos, and maybe the right tire. I mean the engine head was smashed into the trany for god sake.

But you are thinking well that was bad, but it get worse! The @#$ = COP!!!!

Thats right. a dam cop car comes from nowhere and kills my savy . He gets out of his car to check if "I" damage his car. Then tells me that I can not run my toys into a busy intersection. Then starts by telling me that he "could" give me a citation for public disturbance (the same type of ticket skateboarder get.) But he won't because he ran over the TOY! As we are now basically walking back to his car. Me, to pick up all the pieces, and him going back to get in his car. He Asks me, how much did I spend on that TOY! I was thinking $%^& $ou, but then told him "around $400" not even looking at him. He laughs at me and gets back into his car and drives off.

TRUE STORY boys and girls. In a way, it all happen pretty fast. The conversation lasted. But i still feel he was parked in the schools parking lot looking at the truck going in and out of the intersection. Then creeped up and ran over the savy intentionally. That's a BAD day.

A few weeks go past, and my wife out of know where buys me a Savage SS. I still have it, and in the process of a rebuild.

Sorry for a long post.

Wow!!! Omg! i would like freak if that happened to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
that really sucks man

my best is: when i first got her running

My worst: is the oldlaydie down the street and the spur gears

You know at first i was really worried about What I did was wrong? Then after talking with him for the first minute or so, all that turned into hate, and i became extremely mad.

Nick

Best : finding HPISF when I needed help with spur gear issues, I think I went through 4 or 5 then got the help i needed here.

Worst: hit a curb and broke the savy in halp first time out

lol broke a tie rod the first time out too!

Last edited by a moderator:
best opening the huge box to a ss savage on christmas day and assembling it

worst i blew 4 motors before it ran like a champ

I think, the anticipation was the best. I had the 450 bucks (for some fuel/gear as well) but had to wait two days before it came in. And the openining of the box the first time seeing that killer red body, and that giant motor! Ohhh *droool*

Worst? I think the worst part would have to be the day I stripped both my servo's in one run. First the throttle (which still somewhat worked) then the steering servo off of a tractor attachment.. :( 50 bucks down the drain in less then ten minutes. Not as bad as some, but still it was an instant day ender, and it also ended up killing my great bashing weekend plans. LOL

Second worst, realizing my engine is loosing compression.. LOL Ohh well, time for a nice OS .30 VG :)

best: turning my savage into what it is today, Extended, overpowered(actually never overpowered imo) and new tires.
worst: driving my savage under a car at pretty near full throttle denting my lrp( 4 tanks old) breaking my motor mount and plate and winding the motor out. also the words my wallet says behind my back are hurting my feelings haha.

I have two best/worst:

First best-buying the truck and then opening the box when I got home (bought it without my wife knowing and she didn't know I had it for about a month!).
First Worst-waiting for 3 weeks to buy fuel and everything else to get the truck going for the first time after buying it (had to save up some cash).

Second best-bashing with a guy I met up with at this awesome bashing spot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgScnpPi7ZQ
Second worst-stripping up my spur gear after only 3 tanks and not having an extra at those sand mounds. Man, I wish I could kept on bashing there...it is freaking awesome!

lets see....
Best: making the guys down at the lhs hpi fans. they all bought savages after i showed them mine.

worst: spending $150 today to get it running, and the coverplate (hpi 1426) is broken so the new pullstart wont stay on.:duh: :duh: :duh:

Latest posts

Members online

Back