You guys run 4s or 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayOhh

Got a used flux, and it came with 2 x 3s batteries. After watching "Jangs" youtube-review, I thought 6s was way overkill, and it will only damage the truck.

I ordered some new 2s batteries at the same time I ordered the truck, and I haven't even tried the 3s batteries.

The truck seemed crazy and overpowered the few times I've tested it. But yesterday I went to a more open area to drive, and I must say, I'm not impressed with the topspeed on 4s. And I almost went home to get the 3s batteries as I wanted more power.

So what are you guys running? Can the stock drivetrain handle 6s? Not sure mine is stock, but better safe than sorry.

Yes running 6s it has power to spare, but at the same time it will stress all the diff and trans gears to the maxx.... best thing you can do if running crazy 6s power is to keep your :eyes: on all the moving assemblies

So any special maintenance on 6s? Checking/rebuilding of diffs, or do you just run till they brake?

you can always build a couple of spare diffs, keep a few dogbones, use stock pinions and hardened spur, put the heavy duty gears in the tranny or change out for a direct drive diff upgrade. And thats the short list imo. 6s is a lot of fun but like all hp it has a cost. I run 4s more often than not. Used to beat my boys all the time on 4s and they were on 6. Because in a 5 lap sprint race. To finish first u must first finish... Gearing and LiPo quality can make serious competition for 6s. Which makes me think that if all you did was put 4s in your truck without gearing accordingly you set yourself up for disappointment. Top speed runs wide open spaces awesome for 6s. Bashing jumping racing 4s for me. just mho and ymmv.

i run 6s cause once you do you won't want to go back, lol. Yes, you may go through more parts but there are ways to take care of that upgrades....lol. i run the "bullet proof" diffs in my flux and the some HD gears in the tranny i really haven't broke to much driving my flux i have shattered (yes i mean that literally) the gears in my diffs, but that was because of a very hard rear landing and was on the throttle by accident.

its fun being at half throttle and then do a back flip after going full.....lol i have mine geared 46/15 i think cause i have big tires on. so speed has been sacrificed but still goes plunty fast.

Latest posts

Members online

Back