yet again 3 speed woes!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savageboi

Hey, I really cant believe my luck.

I get my XL back to day its been away getting fixed had engine problems. It absolutely ripped...... for 5mins then the 3 speed grenaded. (FOR THE 5TH TIME!!!!)

I just don't think i have any luck with this hobby.

Does any body else have constant troubles??
Would I have more luck going brushless??

I just don't know why the 3 speed keeps doing this!
Would a two speed be better?

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Any help would be great
thanks
Brad

Well that did'nt work:bad pc:look under drivetrain an gearings forums its on page 3 called beefing up your tranny bye grumpy.

Man lemme tell ya if your truck can't handle a nitro motor then brushless would destroy it trust me. I'm actually building a nitro truck they both have there perks, u need one of each to be happy lol

Man lemme tell ya if your truck can't handle a nitro motor then brushless would destroy it trust me. I'm actually building a nitro truck they both have there perks, u need one of each to be happy lol

i do i do have all kinds of problems i can drive up and down the street at slow speed and still break something, lol. iv had more problems than i can count. but they say the 2 speed is stronger than the 3 speed try a 2 speed and see if you have any better luck.

I had the problem when I first got my 3 speed trans but after shimming the top and bottom half you should be fine. Also make sure you get all the little pieces of metal out of the gear box, if you don't it will shread the gears again. There are hidden pockets within the bottom trans case that can diguise the itty bitty metal pieces. I know from experience! I run a Modded Picco with the stock 3 speed set up and it works like a charm. The other option is do Grumpy's mod as it work great.

thanks for all the input guys, i put a two speed in and bashed at the weekend it was fine but I'm still going to give the darn thing one more chance before i turn to a two speed permanently.

Fingers crossed lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back