Yard sale find, need some info.. **CRAPPY CELL PICS**

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2opony92

I'm new to the RC world, I have my SavyX 4.6 that I love and a RS4 that I'm still having trouble with, but that is another story.. anyways I got this at a yard sale today for 20bux.. Its missing a few parts and a wheel but the motor seems to feel fine, no binding or anything, smooth operation.. radio box is missing, servo tabs that hold it down to the body are broken and the linkages to the throttle are missing as well all I know is its a Traxxas T-maxx, not sure about anything else, it has a electric start don't know if it works or not, also the large sprocket between the engine and tranny spins freely don't know if that's correct or not, I looked inside the case via the 2 holes used to adjust the shifting, all the gears look to be ok, anyways here is the pictures.. Thanks!

IMG00093.jpg

IMG00094.jpg

IMG00096.jpg

IMG00098.jpg

IMG00100.jpg

IMG00099.jpg

and what is this???

IMG00097.jpg

WOW dude can't belive you posted a pick of a T-Max on here..Joking..Can't beat it for 20 bucks..

MMMMMMMMM Tmax. Proud to say I know nothing about them other then the bulk heads break off when you jump them like a savage.

gosh i hate showing my knowledge............but that's a generation one tmaxx with the old .15 in it. the best think you can do with that is sell it....cuz you are gonna put more money in it that buying a stock savage. that blue thing is an MIP boost bottle that was supposed to help the low endby equalizing crackcase pressure...but really hurt it more than helped. you gonna have a LOT of cooling and power issues with it because of that pipe, the rear skid plates is missing.....so i would run it because that will break an axle......the rear bulkhead is bent/warped going by the forth pic, a rear left tie rod is missing, it has the old pump style gas tank (that should tell you how old it is!), and i see about 4 broken mounts.......i'd sell it for $25 and be happy.......cuz if i calculated it right you already have about $195 in parts you NEED....not can get by with. didn't mean to rain on your parade for real.....but put her on ebay and let it walk......and make sure you put AS IS in the auction......

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHH!!!! A T-Maxx. lol Sorry man

savvy1.jpg
[/IMG]

Its somethig different. Give it a shot, if you think its worth $100-200 to put into it. I boughta roller for $30 and now I have $700 into it. Not proud of that. It will add up quick.

LOL I also have a T-Maxx in my stable - as well as a TON of spare parts. I am making the move to a Savage, so I can get you a bunch of what you are looking for cheap!

Looks like you need:

1. Front skid plate
  2. Bulkhead brace
  3. Front body mounts
  4. Throttle pillar/swivel
  5. Steering/reverse servo mounts
  6. Easy Start harness (you can test the motor by attaching a 7.2v battery to the poles of the starter motor - positive is high and neg is low)
  7. Rear turnbuckle for rear toe-in
  8. Receiver box and Optidrive unit

I have everything on that list except for the harness, turn buckle and receiver box/optidrive - it will get you a lot farther along thought! If you can take pics of the front suspension and undercarriage I can see what else you may need - I have pretty much another Maxx in parts here so I should be able to help!

Let me know,

Bob

LOL I also have a T-Maxx in my stable - as well as a TON of spare parts. I am making the move to a Savage, so I can get you a bunch of what you are looking for cheap!

Looks like you need:

1. Front skid plate
  2. Bulkhead brace
  3. Front body mounts
  4. Throttle pillar/swivel
  5. Steering/reverse servo mounts
  6. Easy Start harness (you can test the motor by attaching a 7.2v battery to the poles of the starter motor - positive is high and neg is low)
  7. Rear turnbuckle for rear toe-in
  8. Receiver box and Optidrive unit

I have everything on that list except for the harness, turn buckle and receiver box/optidrive - it will get you a lot farther along thought! If you can take pics of the front suspension and undercarriage I can see what else you may need - I have pretty much another Maxx in parts here so I should be able to help!

Let me know,

Bob

PM for ya.

Latest posts

Members online

Back