XXXXXXL Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryan86

Savage Basher
like the title says, i want to build a loooong savvy, can anyone tell me what the biggest tvp's are..... cheers :bolt:

ever thought about making your own custom tvps?

I wanted a long savage, but not too long that it would hinder my performance and give the truck a wierd look by making it very long but narrow... This is why i went with the GCM Deserboy-17 conversion... Not as long as the tcs 1/5 scale but maybe more like 1/6 possibly... Click my sig and see my build up and vids

if your looking to do something custom and personalized i can make you a set any size you want..i did some for my build and for some other trucks..let me know and i can hook you up!!its up to you on size and design you want..

lol... I liked ur suggestion drummerguy, another 5inches...... and then i saw travis's post, 8inches.....getting better.......lol

J1A1H, i had thought about making my own but i don't really have access to a cnc mill (bugger, i have access to a cnc lathe though...lol).

Tossing up between the tcs ones and maybe looking at getting killergsxr (nice bike the way) ones. How would i go about driveshafts if i get you to make some killer?? Do you make them, or would i have to buy longest ones i can find and work with that??
Thanks for the input guys, appreciated :)

I vote give Gsxr a try. Hes been around a long time, Anyone can click a link and buy something ... Go against the grain and be original!

thanks bank.. i have been around a long time huh..do you rememeber the hpisavageforum metal cutouts i did a while back?

ryan. i would supply you with the driveshafts..how big are you thinking about going??

i just finished with a savage that has a ford theme going on that i will post pics of soon..

thanks bank.. i have been around a long time huh..do you rememeber the hpisavageforum metal cutouts i did a while back?

ryan. i would supply you with the driveshafts..how big are you thinking about going??

i just finished with a savage that has a ford theme going on that i will post pics of soon..

lol you may not post allot but I see who comes threw ! I vaguely remember cut outs. I seen so much over time it all blends together...

No offense ! I'm just getting senile...

you can say that again lol

but more to the point you don't need to have a cnc machine to make your own tvps. i made a set over a year ago that i used a drill, jigsaw and files to make.

you got that right mickey..my first set ever was for my savage 25 that i made all by hand..its kinda funny how some older guys are blown away by the CNC because there used to doing it by hand for many years,and some younger guys cant belive you made some intricate piece by hand thats actually very precise because there spoiled on the modern tech..i get more satifactory making something by hand,but dammit it sure is nice to have access to a CNC

you got that right mickey..my first set ever was for my savage 25 that i made all by hand..its kinda funny how some older guys are blown away by the CNC because there used to doing it by hand for many years,and some younger guys cant belive you made some intricate piece by hand thats actually very precise because there spoiled on the modern tech..i get more satifactory making something by hand,but dammit it sure is nice to have access to a CNC

Killer can you make the flux battery-box mounts on that CNC?
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16161

Killer can you make the flux battery-box mounts on that CNC?
https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16161

they seem simple too make so i don't see why not..i will take the plastic ones off my flux and see what i can come up with..you got first dibs!!!!also i don't have access to a anodizer so they would just be raw aluminum,,mabey 1/4 inch thick 6061 if thats cool with you

they seem simple too make so i don't see why not..i will take the plastic ones off my flux and see what i can come up with..you got first dibs!!!!also i don't have access to a anodizer so they would just be raw aluminum,,mabey 1/4 inch thick 6061 if thats cool with you

yep. don't care about color or anodizing, just want strenght & fit-a-ment. Looking for 2 sets (if you can come up with a price first) for me & b/r's fluxes.

thanks killer!

:jamout:

yep. don't care about color or anodizing, just want strenght & fit-a-ment. Looking for 2 sets (if you can come up with a price first) for me & b/r's fluxes.

thanks killer!

:jamout:
i have been meaning to make some anyway so i will produce a couple of sets and work out a price after i see how long it takes me to do it.if you want a set there yours if not no worries..will get some pics up when i finish the first set

Sweet, it would be good if you could make some up and work out a price. I'm looking at about 10inch or 12 inch longer than standard. Going to muck around and see what i can build... 4 wheel steering for starters. Looking at probably building a custom roll cage at work, fab some metal panels up, not too heavy, then start thinking about whats going to power it.

Sweet, it would be good if you could make some up and work out a price. I'm looking at about 10inch or 12 inch longer than standard. Going to muck around and see what i can build... 4 wheel steering for starters. Looking at probably building a custom roll cage at work, fab some metal panels up, not too heavy, then start thinking about whats going to power it.

10 to 12 inches longer than a XL??!! WOW your thinking big..it would be no problem but that will be one hell of a long driveshaft..you will have the biggest savy on the block thats for sure!!!i am giving you the option of adding your thoughts to the design\theme of these plates..i will work up a price for you ryan and make some printouts so you can see what it will look like.then you can give me the green light when your ready

12" longer than xl? Maybe you should re consider what you are doing? That would be one limo of a truck with rubbish handling and would just be really wierd to look at? i want to see some designs!!!!

Well maybe 10" longer, I will have to draw up some plans. I'm thinking maybe a twin motor setup to solve the issue of a long drive shaft. All ideas at the moment, I know it will be a bit weird or "inefficient" but hey, I wanna do something different. And if it all turns to sh*t I will have a few spares for my other savvys. I got the inspiration of the roll cage with body panels from a baja I saw in rc mag, but I still want the body to resembel a savage

you should look at some of the pics of the puller trucks that Tom (bmcnavy) took at the world finals.

a lot of those trucks use some of the concepts your thinking of: multiple mills, stretched out tvps, etc. :jamout:

Just thinking of the top of my head...
i was recently contemplating doing a 2 motor setup, but it just didnt make good sense, and cause a lot of difficulties.... But as you are going with custom tvps i guess you could make it work....

Or wouldnt it be better just to get a really strong motor and run 12s through it and as the new MMMXL is coming out soon which can take up to 10s with motor brakes or 12s with mechanical brakes... That sounds like a good place to start...

Hmmm.... MMMXL!! I like the sound of that. Yeah, might have a look at them pull trucks, see what designs I can come up with. Thanks for the ideas guys.

12" longer than xl? Maybe you should re consider what you are doing? That would be one limo of a truck with rubbish handling and would just be really wierd to look at? i want to see some designs!!!!

i will get some pics up soon for you guys.

0ff44065.png

ok guys i had 15 min before i had to leave work and really wanted to get some pics up..there nothing special,,i just used some of the plates i already have saved just to show ryan the size of the plates he wants

this is a stock flux plate all the way to 10 inches over a XL plate.remember i have no time today to design anything cool so bear with me.

adamsphonepics172.jpg

these are the plates that i put on the flux in my build. stock vs 1\5

adamsphonepics169.jpg

just some freestyling drawing

adamsphonepics173.jpg

and these are for you frddyj and bank..i know there cheesy but i thought you would get a kick out of it..

adamsphonepics170.jpg

i really want to show you guys what i can do but i will have to take my time when i get a chance

Last edited by a moderator:
those are the **** adam,i really like the skull with flames and teh last 2.i might have to have another design made up for mine lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back