XSS to XL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Messiahlee

thinking about converting my X ss to a xl what are the pros and cons who has done this any regrets? Thinking about fitting a Lrp zr32 engine. What parts are needed for conversion?

thinking about converting my X ss to a xl what are the pros and cons who has done this any regrets? Thinking about fitting a Lrp zr32 engine. What parts are needed for conversion?
I'm pretty sure all you need is a set of xl TVP's and longer rear drive shaft

TVPs and rear drive shaft, like stated above, is the bare minimum. There are also things like super heavy duty drive shafts, super heavy duty wide axles and super heavy duty diff shafts that are also different on the XL/ Flux/ octane Savages versus earlier models. It's a matter of how far you want to go.

Yes Iv'e got a first generation 4.6 that I converted to an XL using the above parts mentioned.
Did it make it handle better? You keep same engine? Are the diffs the same are they not stronger on the xl I know I need diff shafts and cups as the ball is bigger on the end with the super heavy duty.

It handles much better I just kept the same diffs motor,it depends how far you are wanting to go all I did was purchased the Xl Tvp's ,and the rear dog bone and can upgrade later on!

Latest posts

Members online

Back