XS Upgrade questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renots

I’m going to be getting some 2.8 trenchers for my savage xs and I’m curious how I should re-gear. Is it the 60 tooth idler with the 28t pinion?
And what hd cups should I upgrade. If you have part #’s that would be great!
Thanks!!

I’m going to be getting some 2.8 trenchers for my savage xs and I’m curious how I should re-gear. Is it the 60 tooth idler with the 28t pinion?
And what hd cups should I upgrade. If you have part #’s that would be great!
Thanks!!
Hi. For 3S you need 24T (6924) pinion and 60T spur (105809). This info is in the manual. don't use a bigger pinion with those tyres.
HD cup joints are 109923 & 109922. These are the alternatives to the standard parts.

Hi. For 3S you need 24T (6924) pinion and 60T spur (105809). This info is in the manual. don't use a bigger pinion with those tyres.
HD cup joints are 109923 & 109922. These are the alternatives to the standard parts.
Thanks for the info...
I won’t be running 3s... should I still get the 24t pinion just for the big tires? Or can I just regear, so it can turn those bigger tires?

Thanks for the info...
I won’t be running 3s... should I still get the 24t pinion just for the big tires? Or can I just regear, so it can turn those bigger tires?
Hi, 26T pinion and 60T spur should make little difference in behaviour when changing to 124mm trenchers, compared to the original savage pinion/spur/wheel setting.

Hi, 26T pinion and 60T spur should make little difference in behaviour when changing to 124mm trenchers, compared to the original savage pinion/spur/wheel setting.
Thanks for the info!!
If it behaves like stock I shouldn’t have an overheating issue. Perfect!
Appreciate the help!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back