XL with beadlocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Java*

So I couldnt help myself, and I went ahead and got me some beadlocks with hpi dirt claws! I didnt know my xl could handle so well and not flip lol.. here are a few pics.. sorry brother wasnt here to snap some nice ones had to use a poopy digital.

and yes.. I'm well aware my top is a little fubar... but I kind of like it like that :duh:

also.. is it normal to have to richen the carb a bit when switching to smaller tires? my heat went up to the 280's before I wiped out my trusty temperature gun and noticed.. ended up about 3/4 turn to bring it back down to 240-250...

17.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lost a little ground clearence but its worth it to be able to turn. I'm really happy with this setup so far :)

i kinda like the body that way myself!! lol i cut my body actually a little shorter on my savage x in the mid section so it wasnt covering the exhaust at all, i figured less heat underneath the body the better she'll run as the cooler air you can get into it the more power you'll get.. plus it looks like one of those offroad racing trucks lol

P.S... for the record, putting on those tires probabally cut a little weight to so thats a bonus!!

Last edited by a moderator:
the amount of tourque I get with the smaller tires is insane, It hard to grip on any surface, but the breaks work so much better not having to stop the stockers.. now if I can hurry up and bend some shocks my girlfriend will let me upgrade to the lst shocks :-D *stares at telephone pole*

havnt looked into it but I was thinking about it, might be somthing I should start looking into. Any suggestions?

Because you will be geared a lot lower now the engine will rev harder as it is under less load and they tend to run hotter. That is what I found with my LRP until I geared it up. Not enough load on the engine.

Because you will be geared a lot lower now the engine will rev harder as it is under less load and they tend to run hotter. That is what I found with my LRP until I geared it up. Not enough load on the engine.

you think a 17/47 gear ratio would work ok then? I was looking at these off smf store unless there is a better option.

http://www.smfstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=611

http://www.smfstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=1976

sorry guys think this is getting a bit off topic for the section... Thanks for the help though!

Latest posts

Members online

Back