xl rear drive shaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

Is the rear drive shaft on a xl the same length as the dogbones that conect the diff to the wheel? I know on the flm tvps they are just wondering.

Like Comb stated the XL one is longer. There is also a difference between the FLM and the wheel bones my rear is the same length as well. The difference is the diameter of the ball on the end where the cross(drive) pin goes threw.

I think he was asking about the length compared to the flm extended tvps. we bashed and the rear drive shaft is the same length as the bones, I don't think the rear drive shaft could replace a bone as the shaft end is a different diameter.

Yes the XL centre rear bone is much longer than an outdrive bone, also centre bones have a smaller ball on the end than outdrive bones, centre cups have a smaller hole in the centre so outdrive bones wont go into centre drive cups all the way, they wont go past the internally tapered part of the cup.

XL centre rear bone (top), stock outdrive bone (middle) you can see the difference in length and ball size.
003-11.jpg
[/IMG]

An XL centre rear bone in a centre drive cup.
006-6.jpg
[/IMG]

And trying to put a standard outdrive bone in a centre drive cup aint happening, i tried an outdrive bone once in my flm ext chassis when i temporarily lost my flm centre rear bone, they are the same length but coz the bone don't go in all the way at both ends i couldnt get the rear bulk on, tho you could drill out the cups to take outdrive bones, i guess, but it would make them much weaker.
004-8.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back