Xl puller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageDit

I'm currently working on turning my xl into a pull truck...anyone with set up ideals, ,,,first of all tires,,where to ge????

First of all...welcome to HPISF. Glad to have you. As far as setup ideas I can't offer much there, but a quick googly turned up this for pulling tires. You may be able to search those part numbers and tire names in eBay and find something as well, or you can order direct from that website. Looks like they specialize in RC pulilng.

Which xl are you working on? Nitro pullers are rare.

Torque will be your friend so I would think lean more towards low Kv motors for brushless or high wind crawling motors for brushed

Last edited:
Thnx for the site,that's a big step taken care of,,,,so I just put in a new tranny in my x 4.6 got all back together and it fired right up. Idled well,put did cpl circles,,pinched fuel line and killed it,,,,put body on and now will not start,,,I have compression,,fuel,,glow plug new and charged igniter,,,took out glow plug and cranked it a cpl times,,let cool,,,replace glow plug and still just cranks and won't start,,,anything else I can do?,,,thnx again

I alrea
First of all...welcome to HPISF. Glad to have you. As far as setup ideas I can't offer much there, but a quick googly turned up this for pulling tires. You may be able to search those part numbers and tire names in eBay and find something as well, or you can order direct from that website. Looks like they specialize in RC pulilng.

Which xl are you working on? Nitro pullers are rare.

Torque will be your friend so I would think lean more towards low Kv motors for brushless or high wind crawling motors for brushed.
Hmm... That's weird indeed. Checked glow plug to make sure it was working by putting in the plug igniter?
I sure did,,2 gp and 2 ign....I'm baffled

double check the settings on your radio, maybe you bumped the throttle and now the carb opening is too large or small preventing it from running...... if not check for pinched fuel lines, maybe the body is causing a pinch and no start condition.....

double check the settings on your radio, maybe you bumped the throttle and now the carb opening is too large or small preventing it from running...... if not check for pinched fuel lines, maybe the body is causing a pinch and no start condition.....
Right on,,got it....a pinhole in the fuelline..thnx,,now tho my new tranny never shifted,,,,I'm letting it cool and will try adjusting but I sure thaught it would shift at some point but never did...thnx

Latest posts

Members online

Back