XL mid-tank build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geronimo

ROLL TIDE
Hey,I wanted to try my hand at a mid-tank build,without spending a bundle.
I've got a pretty extensive bone yard.the only out of pocket is a set of braces,
everything else is salvaged parts off a duratrax and a ofna.
no its not fancy,but it functional, and it should serve me well, till this dag blame economy picks up.
I still like zipping my wires and hooking steering back up,it should be ready. this weekend.
not sure about the 125cc tank,i may break down and buy the 250cc.
100_15811.jpg

100_15821.jpg

100_15831.jpg

100_15841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
nice clean look to it. i say you go for the 250cc, you will love the run time.
whats that pipe you got there? never seen it?

thanks, the pipe is a stocker off a Cen Genesis,works wonders on the less than desirable 5.9 mill

Looks like a cool truck should do great for ya. I would think about the 250cc tank also.

Tyler

Cool, thanks for the replies people's. as soon as i'm able ,i'm going to do a FML build on my 4.6. just wanted to see if i could do a ultra low cost build, to prove a point to my wife, which is, my junk is not junk!!! I will use it at some point in time. she will drive it this weekend ,and see that i am king of my castle.(yea rite)...peace

nice i wanna do a mid tank for my xl but not sure where to start
its really not a big deal,i put it off forever,I found this site a few months ago, did alot of research, off of the mid-tank build section,these guys will give you plenty of help, if you happen to get stuck!
As of right now ,the 125cc on the 5.9 mill was a big mistake, the 5 or 6 min run time is not working for me.i've got the 250cc ofna tank on the way.
best advice i can give you is research,research,research,and don't be afraid to ask ??????.unlike alot of rc sites i've been to,these guys will answer ASAP.and there very noob friendly, trust me looking back on my older post,i've asked some pretty bad questions,and not once have i been belittled. just straight up answers to help me get rolling again. peace

Latest posts

Members online

Back