XL diffs in alloy bulkhead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

i know a couple of you are using XL drive cups/dog bonz in your Alloy Bulkheads.

How did you do it? what did you mod? Tell us which alloy bulks you used and please show pics.

I'm in the infantile stages of using nova or gh cases with my rsc & xl bonz.

I have gh bulks and will not be able to post pics until later when I get home. I have used CEN diffs with XL cups and stock diffs with stock cups and did not have to modify the bulks at all for the diffs. In fact, I did not have to shim the diffs because the mesh was good and no side to side slop. RSC for the GH bulks tho are a different story and the rsc upper brace has to be modified in order to work.

based on that, the GH could be pretty sweet for my application. the power from the b/l setup is gonna come on quick & I'm thinkin that the 'non-flex' of the alloy bulks might help my xl diffs sustain life.

The GH bulks are a very nice and really have no specific complaints about them, other than having modify the RSC.

Allan, how is the weight? I canttell you how many times I looked at the FLM cases. the weight kept me from buying them. They add almost a full pound to the truck.

I'm using the FLM bulks. i like how they go together. the XL cups will not fit thru the holes in the bulks. so i had the machine shop in town turn the cups "down" a little to squezz in thru the holes. i to did not have to shim at all. that was a great bonus. the cups still have a butt load of material left on them so i don't see them breakin.

Jimmy, I have not weighed them individually, but a pound sounds about right. maybe frddy can weigh these when he gets them and can give you a better number.

Allan, how is the weight? I canttell you how many times I looked at the FLM cases. the weight kept me from buying them. They add almost a full pound to the truck.

a pound is rite. i don't think theyre really needed for my nitro savage, but

the brushless is a whole different ball game. even with adding a pound here, i

think i'll be in good shape caz I'm using carbon-fiber tvps, skid & mid plate.

on top of that i don't think weight is gonna be much of a issue with b/l.

i held the FLM bulks in my hand last weekend & was very impressed with how light they feel, how strong they feel & the workmanship is impeccable. However, i also need the Flux/XL bonz which drop right into the GH bulks, so theres my answer.

FLM will turn your cups if you send them in. think ba said free

thought of that. you could, but the bearing would not have much of a lip to sit on. but it would be enought of one. it was just cheaper to have the machine shop turn the cups vs, opening the case halfs... how i don't know. but hey, i was not arguing. one thing i was going to do. was make a "inspection hole" on the ring gear side. and just assemble the diff and bulks as one. and use that hole to tighten the ring gear bolts.
but i was lazy and did the turning cups route. that other way i would have stuck the cups in the caseing THEN assembled both halves of the diffs cases and all, and then placed them together..... kinda like taking the toruqe converter out of an old muscle car. use the inspection hole to take the bolts out. then pull apart.

Latest posts

Members online

Back