XL basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dvinesquirrel

My plans are to build this truck as i decimate it over time. I'm not keen on just replacing working parts, so this is what i propose to replace or add over time. Let me know what you think or if there is something better or i missed for a basher and hill climber

RPM A-Arms
FASST transmitter and receiver
Mid Tank ( 150 or 250cc. haven't decided yet )
Proline 07 Silverado quad cab shell
RPM or CF center skid
Pull Start

as for now that is my plan. i'm sure to add more as i break and think some more

all nice things, but if you want to make a tough basicly indestructable savage, I would pick up some FLM chassis plates, They offer a set that extends your truck 1.6 inchs and lower the center of gravity by quite a bit, it keeps the truck on all fours when doing hills climbs, and not to mention the chassis is 4.7mm thick.
Another Mod I would do for basher/ hill climber is get a new set of tires, something along the lines of Proline Maxx mashers(not the 40 series) they hook up so well.

Links:
TVP's
http://www.smfstore.com/product_info.phpcPath=31_183_204&products_id=861
Tires
http://www.smfstore.com/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=256&reviews_id=115

tires were a thought. the stock XL rubber seems to be doing good so far. i do like the mashers, they have a mean look to them.
the flm tvp, is that actually longer than the XL or is it 1.6" bigger than the X?

I'm running both the Futaba Fasst gear, and the pull Start love them both...:motorcycle:

I'll be going to the hobby shop today for the pull start and see if they have the futaba on hand.
sold my e-maxx last week so i have a chunk of change laying around just begging to burn

just wanted to add a little update. show you guys what i have been working on

added front and rear RPM arms
FLM ext tvp
currently working on a 250cc mid tank just cant see how to mount the tank to the flm servo plate. the ofna tank is a little big. any thoughts?

DSCN0776.jpg

DSCN0781.jpg

DSCN0780.jpg

DSCN0779.jpg

DSCN0778.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back