Would this be a great combo or what??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvergagt04

As I think I stated on a different post that I've been out of this game for like 2 years so I am rusty on what would be a good drivetrain setup. I have a stock Savage SS with a ported and polished sleeve, and want a little more acceleration out of it so this is what I devised. Let me know what you all think...

One--- www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFXU6&P=7
One--- www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXKSC7&P=7
One--- www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFFK0&P=7
One--- www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFRE9&P=7

I'm not looking for wheelies or anything like that, I just want more acceleration and torque. Also with these things installed I'm going to put on my tuned pipe from my Ofna P10. I should be able to pull trees down... I think.:dunno:

P.S. I'm sorry, I don't know how to post links

Last edited by a moderator:
ok...i'm a newb with all of this, but i think you want to go the other direction with the gears...lower number of teeth on the spur, and a higher number on the clutch bell...

if i'm wrong, someone in the know please straighten me out :D

I have a savage 25 with a .28 engine. the guy at my lhs and even a few ppl on line said they recommend a 17/49. I do alot of bashing. Some on road and some off road. I was running a 15/49 but hard to keep the front wheels on the ground. I just got the 17t clutchbell in and gonna run it first thing in the morning.

Ok i just ran the 17/49 and its awsome. It don't pull wheelies like it used to but it still will and it has awsome top end. I need to tweek the shift point a bit but i love it. I was gonna go with a 17/47 but i was told with the offroading i do i wouldnt have the lowed torque i need. Just to let you know my view on gearing.

Well if you want more torque you will want to use a clutch bell with less teeth. I don't think that i would change my spur gear's number of teeth. I think you can get a clutch bell with 13 teeth from hpi that would proubly give you tons of torque. Hope that this helps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back