Worst warranty service with Castle Creation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulT

Hi guy, I'm not sure if any you have experienced this before, but the warranty service from Castle Creation is truly unacceptable.

Purchased a MMX with 2650kv motor combo two years for my savage xl with alza racing center diff conversion. Being too busy to play with it until recently.

Get the esc calibrate with controller like other castle products (have the mm2 with 2650kv for my 1/10 yeti), suddenly I found out the esc stop responding each time I throttle it. Some RC friends told me its the dust making the esc over heat making the esc stop.

Tried to dust off the esc and try again, it didn't work well.

So, I start to contact Castle Creation through Facebook. A guy from Facebook ask me to check with firmware, motor and everything. I tried and the problem persist so I decided to spent US30 (I live in Hong Kong) send back to US for repairing.

All of sudden, someone called Lynda from Castle sent me a quote without saying anything, with a price tag US110. The quote is for me to replace a new one.

Look. I understand my esc is beyond the warranty period, but how can you just drop a quote to someone assuming he will agree to pay for new one. This is really frustrating.

Imagine if your mobile phone is broken and you send to manufacturer to repair it. Then the manufacturer confiscate the mobile without telling you what was the problem. And then send you quote to “assume" you are going to purchase a new one because your old one is out of warranty. Can you imagine this logic?

I heard good review from Castle's products that's why I spent that amount of money for it. But I can’t agree the way their warranty service work. The normal way to do would be checking for the problem, then talking about repairing cost and replacement right.

If that is the way they deal with customers is just too bad for them. I also need to warn my rc friends and communities before they purchase castle products.

As you say, it's a two year old product. Not all manufacturers have the ability to do repairs in house. Likely what occurred is they received the ESC, saw the issue and issued you a quote for replacement.

Unless they specifically told you that the unit WOULD be repaired, this seems completely reasonable to me. Also, the $110 for a replacement seems to be a discount.

Nah, I pretty sure they haven't check the esc. And as you said, they don't have the ability to do repair in house (then I'm more curious why they ask me to send back to the US office at the first place).

If you think that after one year of usage, you should throw away your esc and pay the same amount of money for the new one becoz warranty not cover anymore. It's reasonable to you but not to me. At the very least they should they told you whats going on with the product and suggest solution. If you can't inspect the products then don't ask ppl to send it back.

And by the way, It's THEIR products. They make them and they don't give a damn about it.

And I've gone through many positive and negative review from their Facebook. It seems Castle treat local consumers better than those out of US. Thats seems totally reasonable to me.

If I know they don't repair their products after warranty, I go for other brands then.

Nah, I pretty sure they haven't check the esc. And as you said, they don't have the ability to do repair in house (then I'm more curious why they ask me to send back to the US office at the first place).

If you think that after one year of usage, you should throw away your esc and pay the same amount of money for the new one becoz warranty not cover anymore. It's reasonable to you but not to me. At the very least they should they told you whats going on with the product and suggest solution. If you can't inspect the products then don't ask ppl to send it back.

I agree that they should be upfront about what the situation is before return. But, in truth, you should understand that before return as well. I wouldn't have returned it without knowing what the options and course of actions could be.

Also, there is a difference between inspect/ test and repair. I've done repairs on electronics, often the repair can be as costly as replacing the unit. In that case, there is no need to repair as replacing it is the most effective path.

I am at a loss to what you expect?? you sent in a unit and they said they cant fix it?? did they offer to send it back to you so you can try to have it repaired by someone else??

I do not think it is Castles fault that you apparently had the unit for 2 years and when you went to use it it had dust in it and that caused it to fail.... Matter of fact I have never heard of dust causing a failure like this and I have had many brands of ESC's... I have used Tekin, Novak, and others with great success so I am thinking there is an underlying cause that you are not saying......

And by the way, It's THEIR products. They make them and they don't give a damn about it
Not sure what you mean by this one, just seems like your feelings are hurt. They wouldn't stay in business that long if they didn't care about their products

It's a MMX, which is waterproof... unless it's in the center of a 2lb ball of dirt that is packed into the heat sink, I don't see how a bit of dust would bother it. Water can't short it out but a bit of dust can?

Once warranty expires, I wouldn't even expect a company to look at it... but I would kind of expect them to just tell me that up front before shipping it to them. That's the only hinky part here that I can see.

Latest posts

Members online

Back