Working lights?? anyone lets see some pics!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendchris

Got an awsome golf course behind my place sweet rolling hills sand pit drops. I'm wanting to cruise it at night but think some lights will help with the orientation of my rig. Let me see waht you have I'm looking for ideas.

just buy some LEDs and wire them up to a seperate battery. If you want, somehow mount them into the original headlights in the bumper?

just an idea?

Man, I have always wanted to rip my Savage across a nice smooth golf course. I'm jealous.

This is how I did mine. Works like a charm. I used a couple of led holders with washers and a tie rod bracket that came with my LST conversion kit from Innovative-Rc. To power them up I just used the Aux channel from my receiver, less playtime juice, but no clunky separate battery!
Sav_lights_front.jpg

Sav_lights_side_top.jpg

Man that look nice! If my bodies lasted more than one bashing session I would have done the same. That's why I decided to mount them on the shock towers and not on the body.

Sweet ride go you got there!

Thanks i just hot glue them in an when the bodies wasted i move it to a new body.i don't see as well as i would like an if i run at night even in low light they help a bunch,that is my first rc i still have it just run the savy an my bl parking lot racer more

Tried some of my ides on my lil bros car worked out amazing!! He loved it and I'm def doing it to mine looks great at night and more then enuff to drive. hEre are some pics.

I am going to be working up some lights to put on my savage. I will try to get some pics done as I work on them. I made a test set and they are super bright.

I am going to be working up some lights to put on my savage. I will try to get some pics done as I work on them. I made a test set and they are super bright.

dude...post pics of the fire truck body with the lights!!!!!!!

Hello my fellow Savagesites,

Here is my latest (still work in progress) lights mod. I made this using little flash lights from Advanced Auto Parts $2.00 each + a couple of resistors. They get the power from the savage battery hump pack. I got to tell you this thing can blind you just by looking into it directly. they will lit the whole room literally.
100_2455.jpg

100_2456.jpg

This picture doesn't do any justice to how powerful this LEDs are.
100_2460.jpg

100_2468.jpg

They are an array of 8 LEDs each, used to be 9 but I had to unsolder the one in the middle so I could drill a hole for the screws. Here's the array with the hole that I drilled in the middle.
100_2469.jpg

Here's the whole assembly ready to be soldered and fitted into the savage
100_2478.jpg

obbi ....that looks like something out of a bad dream!!!!!!

obbi ....that looks like something out of a bad dream!!!!!!

Thanks?
I'm currently working on the brake lights (mechanical switch). Right now the only thing that got me on hold is that I need to find some sort of red plastic to cover the lights (easier that soldering 16 red leds). And of course some sort of mount, preferably aluminum or CF.

The best part is that I can turn the whole system on and off remotely using the aux channel of my radio, thus saving battery during daylight.

I'll see If I can get a video with the whole system working.

Here's a pic of the brake lights with the mechanical switch.
100_2480.jpg

This is pretty cool guys. There are some things out there that will turn them on if you are running a 3 channel radio, just cant remember the name of them.

This is pretty cool guys. There are some things out there that will turn them on if you are running a 3 channel radio, just cant remember the name of them.

Hey Lars, the piece that will remotely activate them is a remote switch. It's made out of a cheap op-amp and resistor. Or you could by one already made. What it does it that it will convert the signal from the aux channel into an on off pulse.

The one that I have is one made by RC-lights, very tiny and nice.

Latest posts

Members online

Back