Work never stops

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pope

Okay after over 375 bucks in hopups in the last few weeks work goes on. Here is what is on the list for this next two weeks.

1) Teflon bearings for the diffs (Thanks Guy)
2) New trans. 3 speed baby (Thanks Ducman)
3) Specky DX3S
4) Picco .28 ERCM (so long as it is still avalible next week)
5) Flux axles ( XL axles limit rim choice way too much)
6) Better 17mm hex's (X ones are crap)

alex can you put links for #'s 1 & 6? I'm interested to see what you come up with.

I am buying a set for Anti-bling. LOL

Agreed, my savvy's cost me a small fortune and I'm still spending.

Just curious, why do XL axles limit rim choice, and what probs have you had with stock X 17mm hexes? Iv never had a prob with them, tried Pro-line 23mm hexes for my 40 series rims and couldnt get them to sit square on the axle so now I'm going back with stock 17's

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, my savvy's cost me a small fortune and I'm still spending.

Just curious, why do XL axles limit rim choice?

Because They are already 1/2" extended to start with so even a 0 offset rim will give you 1/2" offset. They would work great if I was still just bashing but racing I need the option of having a zero offset. I will most likely run 1/2" all the time but still. Plus having an extended axle puts more stress on your wheel bearings and axle carriers and hubs. Plus they may bend I fear. I will still have them in my box if I need them.

It is a fine line
wider= more stable but less turning abilty
Narrow= less stable but better turning abilty

When you are trying to sling your truck around a track you learn real fast that everything is about balance. Pertty much everything you do to your truck helps in one area and hurts it in another so you have to balance it all out to what works best for your truck, the track, and your driving style and abilty.

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck with the hop ups alex. your steering is about to go throu a major change. it will be a night and day difference when you replace the bushings with thoes bearings, every one should do it.

i don't even want to tell you what i spent in my last week if you think thats bad. i wont be retiring till I'm 70, but ill have a killer truggy.:retarded:

Not to hijack the thread but 88gt where is you thread I can't find it I wanna see this truggy.

Ok back on topic now. How do you like the dx3s?

Latest posts

Members online

Back