Won't move, HELP!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savagesoul

Ok, I recently got a savage roller From a friend of mine, not sure which model, and a Losi Mach 26ss mill. I re assembled the truck, installed the motor, and everything seemed fine. I took it out for the first time tonight, fired it up, and slowly it started to loose forward motion. The motor is revving fine, not a linkage problem, and I have checked my slipper clutch, no problems there
I don't think. BUT, when I spin the spur gear, it spins freely clockwise, and pretty easily counter clockwise, which from y experience with my useless t-maxx, I am pretty sure shouldn't happen. I can't figure out why I have no drive whatsoever, in forward or reverse, and when I spin the spur gear, both it and the drive shaft spin both ways. Help!!! Thanks in advance.

Well, I know the grub screws are there, I assembled the truck myself, I was basically given a box full of parts and told to "have fun" LOL. I had the tranny open the other day, to see about removing the reverse module (decided against it) and everything looked ok there, guess it's time to do a diff tear down >_<

yup sounds like the reverse is stuck half way check ure linkage on that i had problems with mine....darn thing switched a wot took out the tranny and diffs all in one shot...u might also try holding it down on the ground and spin ure slipper if the slipper is spinnin and no tire movement replace the slipper!Merry Christmas!

I have a similar problem, just mine will go in reverse, but not forward, when I lift the truck up off the ground the wheels spin, but no power to move it under it's own steam.
And being a newbie, i'm stuck!!
Any ideas?

I have a similar problem, just mine will go in reverse, but not forward, when I lift the truck up off the ground the wheels spin, but no power to move it under it's own steam.
And being a newbie, i'm stuck!!
Any ideas?

Check your thread

Well I think I have it figured out. I checked my rear diff, and it's fine. I had the transmission out again, and I don't know what happened there, but smething was binding up, I think the reverse arm was being pushed in with too much force, and that was causing the binding. I got that cleared up. I do know now that my front diff is pooched, but haven't had it apart yet. I'm planning on replacing the internals with ofna 1/8th buggy gears. Any advice on that, shimming or whatnot? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back