Wobbling Spur Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxx-Savage

Hey I have a Savage .21 that Ive had for like three years and about 6 months ago it decided it was going to start stripping spur gears. I replace the spur and it will strip in about 5 min. I tried going with a metal spur that striped the cb. I have had it at hobby town and they are stumped. Today i was looking at a new spur i had just installed and i noticed it wobbled i checked it all and everything looked fine but it still wobbles. could this be my problem? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanx.

No I replaced the clutch awhile ago and it is still relatively new. and the spur wobbles. if you take the motor out and spin the spur it will still wobble.

Yea u need a hardend cb anyway yea sometimes I buy different supr gears (plastic ones) and it just depens some don't wobble and some do luck of the draw i gess (make sure your pad is on the back good to

I have a hardend cb and the spur gear i have now is a robinson racing steel spur
and it wobbles to. any other ideas???

Check the shaft it's on b/c I beliecve megabyteme has or had a problem with it when we did a trade.

most of my spur gears wobble and I really cant do much about it make sure nothing is tweked like the mortor mount plate the purple plate the the motore sits on

thanks for the help ill try a couple of diferent spurs and see if thats it. so will it hurt anything it wobbles a little or is that ok.

it really shouln't hurt that much as long as the spur gear dosen't hit the clutch bell I knoe on my .32 that its really close like at the most 2mm away not much room for erorr there but u should't worrie about it that much as long as u don't keep stripping the spurs out ok later man

Depends how much it wobbles! I just experienced this exact same thing but it was bad enough that I couldn't set a consistent mesh. I also tried a new spur, but it didn't help. Turned out to be my slipper hub! Tried a new one and the wobble was completely gone.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back