Winter upgrades and spring time storms.... Really!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.LO's SAVAGE X

Well its kinda slow here in the forum tonight! Just watching tv and storms roll through. Been thinking for last 2 weeks if its warm out I'll get to run my truck after all the maintenance and upgrades I did on my truck this winter and my sons truck. Well the last 2 to 3 weeks have been so so on temp, but now its the relentless rain I'm dealing with! Just chomping at the bit to test out truck! Well I have upgraded diffs this last fall after last run, went through bearings , installed new 2 piece spur gear, I'm running 52 spur, and 15 clutch bell. Christmas time was good, I got new wheels and tires and a picco .28 boost turbo, spent over a gallon breaking it in , and broke in 3 other motors, for backups for our trucks, last thing installed was last night, The savox 1270 servo. Anyway, I am going stir crazy trying to run this truck and see how it performs. Soon I hope!

If you're bored..... Take a bunch of pictures of your mods and make a build thread. We all love to see those. :cool:

Yea i did alot of Rc tinkering and Epig(ebay) selling this year guess i am making up for the last 2 years that RC just sat idly in the shed. I am down to 3 modified savages(X-OS30VG,XL-LRP .32, FluxHD-Tekin, 2 spare motors(nova 28-7rt,picco p3) sitting in the cabinet and not nearly as many spare parts taking up space.I finially got all 3 savages onto one RX/TX set-up and my biggest investment, by far this winter was the 4 savox sc1270 servos. still one X roller to get rid of and it may end up sitting till next winter to find a new home along with any of the parts i didnt sell this winter.I am now just finding out how much of a stupid-ass i am judging by all the parts i had that i really didnt need.
Had the savageX out one day and busted up the tank real bad like. I Refuse to pay $116 for a new one, so the last couple days i been trying to mount a 8T tank to the XL so i could scavenge its tank for the X. I think i may have gotten it mounted right......we will see, otherwise its back to the drawing board OR just welding something on to mount it to. was in the 70's here yesterday in Nort Deekoter and i missed a good chance to test the trucks before they get put in the camper and hopefully run some this summer.

Harley's arent even out of winter storage yet......
needed to re-clutch,re-shoe(tires) and install the quick-detach trunk kit on the Ultra classic and that didnt get done along with a whole host of other bike chores i had planned like getting something done with the groundpounder, as its still in 1000 pieces on a shelf in the shed
so.........WTF, time flys as you get older!

I'm with you bifftit seems like the list never ends and not enough time to get even a fraction of it done.

Members online

Back