Winter Driving?? What do you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgetson

Hey guys, I was wondering what most of you guys do for the winter? Do you drive your savage in the winter or what other rc's do you drive in the winter to satisfy your rc craving? Is it better to run electric rc's in the winter?

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Winter?...what's that?!? I live in South Central Texas...it never snows. If it does I think the day of recogning is near. Lol!

Sorry bud never had that situation, sit tight someone will answer your question soon.

How cold is it when you run your truck in the winter? -10? -20? Do you usually put a sock or cover on the head of the engine? What are some other tips for driving in the winter with savage?

Thanks.

Here in virginia the coldest it gets may be high 20's, mostly low 30's. I just preheat the block first. Plastic parts really don't like the cold because the get brittle and break easier.

Ya I live in Saskatchewan and it usually stays at -10 C to -30 C almost all winter. I just bought my savage this spring so I wasn't planning on using it in the winter. I was thinking that there might be some other rc that could be used/ made for the winter.

I bash year around. The rain doesnt even stop me if I want to bash bad enough. Slip a grocery bag over the TX and head on out to play.

i ran my savage in -25 one day no preheat or anythingjest prime and run for my little one i put a sock over the motor once runing in side

I run till about 0F your -17c After that it stupid to be out and that is pushing it for me.
I don't jump after 30F your -1c
A few pics for you ...

My filter cover soda/beer can cut in half with hole in end for stock HPI filter screw to attach.

Jan15_0020.jpg

Jan15_0019.jpg

the cut down head Max may have been refering too. Juts a 2nd head I had hacked in half and polished up..

stuff123_edited-1.jpg

DSC_0345.jpg

cut from this
Parker002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
don't forget to seal up the electronics lol water or snow will cause a run away. I'm in ontario and i run all year long but i don't run my truck at any temp under - 10 c its just too cold for me but i do sock the engine and use a lid from a paint can as bank does with his beer can over the airfilter

Nice work on the head BANK! I have wanted to do that with one of my spare Axial heads but still haven't done it. I need to this summer though because I love to run in the snow.

Members online

Back