Will this Work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will it work? yes. should you use it? probably not.

those horns are universal & come with the plastic spline adapter which can strip out very easily & drive you crazy.

i think the SF-5 is a Futaba, but best way to be sure is to count the # of teeth & get a servo horn that will specifically fit that servo without a spline adapter.

not to doubt you frddy, but i would go with an aluminum steering arm set. maybe a aluminum draglink too for the sf-5. thats a pretty beefy servo isnt it?

not to doubt you frddy, but i would go with an aluminum steering arm set. maybe a aluminum draglink too for the sf-5. thats a pretty beefy servo isnt it?

it comes stock on the XL with the plastic servo arm i posted up top, but I'm sure you can get aluminum for it when you find out the mfg/tooth count.

either way you go, the key to it is to get a horn that fits directly without that plastic adapter.

The SF-5 is Futaba. Scott I think you will be fine with this servo horn but would recomend a complete aluminum arm however plastic will work as well for steering, throttle/brake is fine both ways.

Thanks Jason, I was wondering who was the manufacter of hpi servos. Thanks Again Scott..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back